* Bug in LaTeX export with short captions
@ 2015-09-10 13:36 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-09-10 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hi,

When I export the following table to latex,

  #+name: tab:foo
  #+caption[/s/-weights]: /s/-weights.
  |     A |     B |     C |    D |
  |-------+-------+-------+------|
  | 70347 | 10885 | 68502 | 4021 |
  | 68458 | 20310 | 66683 | 5853 |
  | 69418 | 22329 | 67617 | 6431 |
  | 71336 | 28674 | 69479 | 8160 |

I get the following:

  \begin{table}[htb]
  \caption[\emph{s}-weights]{\label{tab:foo}
  weights]: \emph{s}-weights.}
  \centering
  \begin{tabular}{rrrr}
  A & B & C & D\\
  \hline
  70347 & 10885 & 68502 & 4021\\
  68458 & 20310 & 66683 & 5853\\
  69418 & 22329 & 67617 & 6431\\
  71336 & 28674 & 69479 & 8160\\
  \end{tabular}
  \end{table}

Note the extra "weights]:" in the long caption.  This happens whenever
there is some kind of emphasis in the short caption: /s/, *s*, etc.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Bug in LaTeX export with short captions
@ 2015-09-10 15:57 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-10 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hello,

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> When I export the following table to latex,
>
>   #+name: tab:foo
>   #+caption[/s/-weights]: /s/-weights.
>   |     A |     B |     C |    D |
>   |-------+-------+-------+------|
>   | 70347 | 10885 | 68502 | 4021 |
>   | 68458 | 20310 | 66683 | 5853 |
>   | 69418 | 22329 | 67617 | 6431 |
>   | 71336 | 28674 | 69479 | 8160 |
>
> I get the following:
>
>   \begin{table}[htb]
>   \caption[\emph{s}-weights]{\label{tab:foo}
>   weights]: \emph{s}-weights.}
>   \centering
>   \begin{tabular}{rrrr}
>   A & B & C & D\\
>   \hline
>   70347 & 10885 & 68502 & 4021\\
>   68458 & 20310 & 66683 & 5853\\
>   69418 & 22329 & 67617 & 6431\\
>   71336 & 28674 & 69479 & 8160\\
>   \end{tabular}
>   \end{table}
>
> Note the extra "weights]:" in the long caption.  This happens whenever
> there is some kind of emphasis in the short caption: /s/, *s*, etc.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou