* org-copy-visible not working?
@ 2017-06-30 13:12 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2017-06-30 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

with Org mode version 9.0.8 (9.0.8-elpaplus @
/home/loris/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170606/) and GNU Emacs
25.1.1, org-copy-visible does not work as I expect.

Given

* Org copy visible
** Bits
and bobs

if I fold to

* Org copy visible
** Bits...

mark the visible two lines, do org-copy-visible, yank into another
buffer, I get

* Org copy visible
** Bits
and bobs

in the second buffer instead of just the two headlines.

Is that a bug or am I doing/expecting the wrong thing?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: org-copy-visible not working?
@ 2017-06-30 18:00 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2017-06-30 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett, emacs-orgmode

Loris Bennett <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> with Org mode version 9.0.8 (9.0.8-elpaplus @
> /home/loris/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170606/) and GNU Emacs
> 25.1.1, org-copy-visible does not work as I expect.

[...]

> * Org copy visible
> ** Bits...
>
> mark the visible two lines, do org-copy-visible, yank into another
> buffer, I get
>
> * Org copy visible
> ** Bits
> and bobs
>
> in the second buffer instead of just the two headlines.

FWIW I haven't had any luck reproducing this.  I've tried using Org's
release_9.0.8 tag, the maint branch, and the master branch (all with
Emacs 25.2).  Just the visible parts are copied in all cases.

Perhaps stepping through org-copy-visible would help you see what's
happening.

--
Kyle

* Re: org-copy-visible not working?
@ 2018-01-05  6:55   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2018-01-05  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

> Loris Bennett <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> with Org mode version 9.0.8 (9.0.8-elpaplus @
>> /home/loris/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170606/) and GNU Emacs
>> 25.1.1, org-copy-visible does not work as I expect.
>
> [...]
>
>> * Org copy visible
>> ** Bits...
>>
>> mark the visible two lines, do org-copy-visible, yank into another
>> buffer, I get
>>
>> * Org copy visible
>> ** Bits
>> and bobs
>>
>> in the second buffer instead of just the two headlines.
>
> FWIW I haven't had any luck reproducing this.  I've tried using Org's
> release_9.0.8 tag, the maint branch, and the master branch (all with
> Emacs 25.2).  Just the visible parts are copied in all cases.
>
> Perhaps stepping through org-copy-visible would help you see what's
> happening.

Just for the record, I have finally got round to starting Emacs with a
still rather sparse Org-based init.el, rather than my 30-year-old .emacs
and the problem has disappeared.  So the issue lies somewhere in the
cruft.

Cheers,

Loris