* Hyperlink to Table in Other Org file
@ 2018-08-04  1:49 Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2018-08-04  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

All my attempts to create an org mode link to a table in another org file fails to find the table.   Instead I’m offered to create a new heading, which is not what I want.

In Section 4.3 External Links I see this format:

file:projects.org::some words                text search in Org file(31)

so my link looks like

This is how to find error codes [[file:rst.org::tbl:luaerrors][Errors]]

And I have this entry in the org file with the table

#+LABEL: tbl:luaerrors

I’ve also tried the absolute path.   All advice appreciated.

* Re: Hyperlink to Table in Other Org file
@ 2018-08-04  2:33 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-08-04  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Love; +Cc: org-mode-email

I don't think this can be done with labels/names out of the box. You can do
it with radio targets, e.g. <<tbl:luaerrors>> in the external file, and
your link where you want it.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2018-08-10  6:52 ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2018-08-10  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Love; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You can use #+NAME:. It works for me.

--
[ stardiviner ] don't need to convince with trends.
       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/