* [BUG] Typo in manual [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ignacio/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/)]
@ 2022-02-10 10:01 Ignacio Casso
From: Ignacio Casso @ 2022-02-10 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I would like to report a minor typo in the manual, although I'm not sure
if this is the right place (please point me to it if it's not).

In the section Appendix A Hacking -> Using the Mapping API
(https://orgmode.org/manual/Using-the-Mapping-API.html), it says that
org-map-entries returns an alist, but it actually returns a list (as
correctly stated by C-h f org-map-entries).

Regards,

Ignacio

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2022-01-16
Package: Org mode version 9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ignacio/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/)

* Re: [BUG] Typo in manual [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ignacio/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/)]
@ 2022-02-10 10:59 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2022-02-10 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ignacio Casso; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ignacio Casso <ignaciocasso@hotmail.com> writes:

> I would like to report a minor typo in the manual, although I'm not sure
> if this is the right place (please point me to it if it's not).

Confirmed.

And this is the right place to report this bug.  Thanks!

> In the section Appendix A Hacking -> Using the Mapping API
> (https://orgmode.org/manual/Using-the-Mapping-API.html), it says that
> org-map-entries returns an alist, but it actually returns a list (as
> correctly stated by C-h f org-map-entries).

To me this looks like the documentation in the manual started from the
documentation of the function.  and with time these two documentations
diverged.

What about removing the (diverged) duplication of the documentation of
function org-map-entries from the manual?