* how to "untag" subtree?
@ 2007-10-05 11:54 Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-10-05 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi all

I use tag inheritance, but sometimes I do not want that subtree has
one or more inherited tags. like this:

* Python                                              :python:
** TODO write script A
   A is written in python, so tag :python: is ok
*** TODO look how it is implemented in B
    B is not related to python and I do not want
    to have tag :python: on this subtree!

is there any mechanism to untag subtree?

thanks
Maxim Loginov

* Re: how to "untag" subtree?
@ 2007-10-05 12:17 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-05 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 5, 2007, at 13:54, Maxim Loginov wrote:

> hi all
>
> I use tag inheritance, but sometimes I do not want that subtree has
> one or more inherited tags. like this:
>
> * Python                                              :python:
> ** TODO write script A
>    A is written in python, so tag :python: is ok
> *** TODO look how it is implemented in B
>     B is not related to python and I do not want
>     to have tag :python: on this subtree!
>
> is there any mechanism to untag subtree?

No, that is not possible.  As a work-around, can create an
additonal tag "nopython" and then craft your search correspondingly.

- Carsten

* Re: how to "untag" subtree?
@ 2007-10-06  7:46   ` Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-10-06  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Oct 5, 2007, at 13:54, Maxim Loginov wrote:
>>
>> is there any mechanism to untag subtree?
>
> No, that is not possible.  As a work-around, can create an
> additonal tag "nopython" and then craft your search correspondingly.

yes, I thought about it too, though it looks ugly if I need to untag
several tags.  Do you consider this feature for implementation in the future?

best
Maxim

* Re: Re: how to "untag" subtree?
@ 2007-10-08 18:09     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-08 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 6, 2007, at 9:46, Maxim Loginov wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> On Oct 5, 2007, at 13:54, Maxim Loginov wrote:
>>>
>>> is there any mechanism to untag subtree?
>>
>> No, that is not possible.  As a work-around, can create an
>> additonal tag "nopython" and then craft your search correspondingly.
>>

> yes, I thought about it too, though it looks ugly if I need to untag
> several tags.  Do you consider this feature for implementation in the
> future?

No, I don't think this is a clean implementation.  If you don't want
all subentries of a parent to inherit a tag, than it is much cleaner to
tag the individual children.

- Carsten