* LaTeX templates?
@ 2012-05-15 22:28 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-05-15 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where could I get beautiful LaTeX "templates" (i.e:
beautiful layout + typography) I could use / modify to use with org? I'm
not expecting anything free, I'm willing to pay.

I'm about to publish an ebook, but the regular pdfs I managed to generate
so far lack some life.

What I could do is simplify my life and just use HTML+CSS to layout it (I
could probably easily transform from org to markdown to HTML and then use
CSS3 to style the hell out of it, and print to PDF, but I'm not sure how
professional would it look in the PDF or if I ever print the book).

Also I know @Avdi Grimm used org as a publishing system for his ebooks,
Avdi, would you be willing to sell / share your org publishing
infrastructure?

Any insights appreciated!

 - Marcelo.

* Re: LaTeX templates?
@ 2012-05-15 22:41 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-05-15 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <
celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Does anyone know where could I get beautiful LaTeX "templates" (i.e:
> beautiful layout + typography) I could use / modify to use with org? I'm
> not expecting anything free, I'm willing to pay.

Have you just googled "Latex templates" or "Latex book templates"?
-- http://www.latextemplates.com/
--
http://sureshemre.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/latex-book-template-with-fancy-header/
-- http://sigquit.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/simple-latex-template-for-books/

I'm no LaTeX guru, but my understanding is that the whole point of LaTeX is
to let you define your template/options and then just write. Thus, you
should be able to take any of the above and redefine simple options since
the "meat" remains the same (section titles are are section titles, indents
are indents, etc.).

Worg also discusses a bit how to tailor org-mode with custom class options:
-- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html

Perhaps you're looking more for something like a custom class file you can
just set via org-mode and use headers like chapters/sections and have it
work. At the very least, looking around at some of the above might help
give you ideas about the packages you would want to include in a custom
export format.

Hope that's slightly helpful?

Best regards,
John

> Any insights appreciated!
>
>  - Marcelo.

* Re: LaTeX templates?
@ 2012-05-17  6:40 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-17  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone know where could I get beautiful LaTeX "templates" (i.e:
> beautiful layout + typography) I could use / modify to use with org?
> I'm not expecting anything free, I'm willing to pay.

Please also consider making a donation for Org -- the MotherShip® :)

--
 Bastien