* Babel give "Marker does not point anywhere" first run of LaTeX export; subsequent are fine
@ 2012-08-02 16:39 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-08-02 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I open an org file the first time and export to PDF via LaTeX, I
get the error "Marker does not point anywhere" and the LaTeX export
quits. Running it again without doing anything else succeeds, and all
subsequent exports work fine.

This is on Windows 7. Thoughts?

John

* Re: Babel give "Marker does not point anywhere" first run of LaTeX export; subsequent are fine
@ 2012-08-03  7:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-03  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> When I open an org file the first time and export to PDF via LaTeX, I
> get the error "Marker does not point anywhere" and the LaTeX export
> quits. Running it again without doing anything else succeeds, and all
> subsequent exports work fine.
>
> This is on Windows 7. Thoughts?

I can't reproduce this, we need more information, e.g. a reproducible
example.  Thanks,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Babel give "Marker does not point anywhere" first run of LaTeX export; subsequent are fine
@ 2012-12-10 21:14 ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-12-10 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> When I open an org file the first time and export to PDF via LaTeX, I
> get the error "Marker does not point anywhere" and the LaTeX export
> quits. Running it again without doing anything else succeeds, and all
> subsequent exports work fine.

What version of emacs are you running?  I haven't seen it on Windows 7 (NTEmacs
24), but have on Debian stable (emacs 23).

In my case, I tracked the problem down to comint.el (in the emacs lisp
directory). A function in there creates a temporary buffer (" *temp*"), but
doesn't check to make sure the name is unique. Newer versions of comint.el don't
do this.

Let me know if you want further help troubleshooting this.

Kind Regards,
Mike Gauland