* documentation bug
@ 2012-09-13 14:50 Tyler Smith
From: Tyler Smith @ 2012-09-13 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm using org-mode 7.8.03, which shipped with Emacs 24.0.94.1. The
documentation for exporting html includes the following:

12.5.1 HTML export commands
---------------------------

`C-c C-e h     (`org-export-as-html')'
     Export as HTML file.  [...] If there is an active region(1), only
the region will be
     exported.

However, I think this is incorrect. If there is an active region,
org-export will turn on subtree-p. This results in unexpected
behaviour. For example, if an active region is marked that contains
two subtrees, but point is at the beginning of a third subtree, then
instead of exporting the two subtrees in the active region, you get
only the third subtree which is outside the region. The same problem
appears to hold for C-c C-e R. You actually need to call C-c C-e 1 h
to get the expected behaviour.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the docs or the code itself,
but they don't seem to match up on this point.

Thanks,

Tyler

* Re: documentation bug
@ 2012-09-13 15:25 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
> I'm using org-mode 7.8.03, which shipped with Emacs 24.0.94.1.

> `C-c C-e h     (`org-export-as-html')'
>     Export as HTML file.  [...] If there is an active region(1), only
>   the region will be      exported.
> However, I think this is incorrect.
> If there is an active region, org-export will turn on subtree-p. This results in unexpected
> behaviour. For example, if an active region is marked that contains
> two subtrees,

This is a corner case. With your org version you are expected to export a well organized document:
- A headline and its subtrees
- or a subtree,

not two subtrees.

But, here, Org-mode version 7.9.1 (2eb1456bfd
the new exporter handles this case well and exports the two subtrees.

Please upgrade Org and use the new exporter as suggested in the release notes:

http://orgmode.org/Changes.html

cheers,

Giovanni

* Re: documentation bug
@ 2012-09-18  9:10 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tyler Smith; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi Tyler,

Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> writes:

> I'm using org-mode 7.8.03, which shipped with Emacs 24.0.94.1. The
> documentation for exporting html includes the following:
>
> 12.5.1 HTML export commands
>
> `C-c C-e h     (`org-export-as-html')'
>      Export as HTML file.  [...] If there is an active region(1), only
> the region will be
>      exported.
>
> However, I think this is incorrect.

You're right there was a problem here, fixed now.

On top of this, pressing 1 after C-c C-e will now highlight
the subtree to be exported.

 Bastien