* Bug: performance of scrolling in large example blocks is poor
@ 2014-03-22  5:34 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-03-22  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'emacs-orgmode@gnu.org'

Testcase: 1 megabyte of text lines in an example block, drag the scrollbar to a
location you haven't been to yet.

It often freezes for a few seconds, and doing things while its frozen like
scrolling more can quickly make it freeze for a minute or so. Remove the example
block enclosure, and it becomes totally interactive.

- Ian

* Re: Bug: performance of scrolling in large example blocks is poor
@ 2014-03-22  7:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-22  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Kelling; +Cc: 'emacs-orgmode@gnu.org'

Hi Ian,

Ian Kelling <ianowl@gmail.com> writes:

> Testcase: 1 megabyte of text lines in an example block, drag the scrollbar to a
> location you haven't been to yet.
>
> It often freezes for a few seconds, and doing things while its frozen like
> scrolling more can quickly make it freeze for a minute or so. Remove the example
> block enclosure, and it becomes totally interactive.

Yes, there is room for improvement in the fontification engine
of Org, but this requires a lot of rewrite.  For now I suggest
not to add 1 megabyte of text in a source code block...

--
 Bastien