* Compact schedule in agenda day view
@ 2023-02-15 10:29 Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2023-02-15 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I was too quick on the keyboard and I pressed some magic key combination
and now my schedule for today shows in a compact way (only showing the
appointments). I actually prefer the "expanded" way, in which I get a
grid for the whole day (so it easier for me to quickly see if an
appointment is in the morning or the afternoon, etc.).

The problem: I don't know how to go back, and I'm not sure how this
feature is called, so I was not successful searching for it in the
manual.

Anybody knows off the top of your head how to toggle this?

Many thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)

* Re: Compact schedule in agenda day view
@ 2023-02-15 10:31 ` Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2023-02-15 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> writes:

> Anybody knows off the top of your head how to toggle this?

Sorry for the noise. "G" is the magic letter I was looking for.

Cheers,
--

@ 2023-02-15 10:41 ` Gautier Ponsinet
From: Gautier Ponsinet @ 2023-02-15 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angel de Vicente, emacs-orgmode

Hello Angel,

Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> :
> I was too quick on the keyboard and I pressed some magic key combination
> and now my schedule for today shows in a compact way (only showing the
> appointments). I actually prefer the "expanded" way, in which I get a
> grid for the whole day (so it easier for me to quickly see if an
> appointment is in the morning or the afternoon, etc.).
>
> The problem: I don't know how to go back, and I'm not sure how this
> feature is called, so I was not successful searching for it in the
> manual.
>
> Anybody knows off the top of your head how to toggle this?

Are you looking for the key 'G' associated with the function
'org-agenda-toggle-time-grid' maybe?

All the best,
Gautier.

* Re: Compact schedule in agenda day view
@ 2023-02-15 17:59   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2023-02-15 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angel de Vicente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2023-02-15, at 11:31, Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Anybody knows off the top of your head how to toggle this?
>
> Sorry for the noise. "G" is the magic letter I was looking for.

And you could have found it out yourself with `C-h l' (`view-lossage').
`C-h m' (`describe-mode') and `C-h k' (`describe-key') are also useful
in such a context.  Also, if you have a spare 20-30 minutes, try `C-h
C-h' (`help-for-help') to see other helpful commands.  And speaking of
/helpful/, you might be interested in the `helpful' package by Wilfred
Hughes (see https://github.com/Wilfred/helpful).

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: Compact schedule in agenda day view
@ 2023-02-19  7:43     ` Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2023-02-19  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> And you could have found it out yourself with `C-h l' (`view-lossage').
> `C-h m' (`describe-mode') and `C-h k' (`describe-key') are also useful

thanks for the tips. I had used 'view-lossage' in the past, but I had
forgotten about it... :-)

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)

 GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52
AVISO LEGAL: Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial y/o privilegiada. Si usted no es el destinatario final del mismo o lo ha recibido por error, por favor notifíquelo al remitente inmediatamente. Cualquier uso no autorizadas del contenido de este mensaje está estrictamente prohibida. Más información en: https://www.iac.es/es/responsabilidad-legal
DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential and / or privileged information. If you are not the final recipient or have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use of the content of this message is strictly prohibited. More information:  https://www.iac.es/en/disclaimer