* [Worg] Keep table of contents visible in wide viewports?
@ 2024-03-23 13:57 Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2024-03-23 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Looking at Worg now, it occurred to me that, when my browser window is
maximized, there's plenty of room for the table of contents to remain
visible alongside the content.  But it's hidden automatically, and
remains hidden until the user interacts with it, which seems suboptimal
for an intra-page table of contents.

Could we modify it to keep the ToC visible when the window is wide
enough?  I think that would be a big usability improvement.  WDYT?

--Adam

* Re: [Worg] Keep table of contents visible in wide viewports?
@ 2024-03-23 14:06 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-23 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Looking at Worg now, it occurred to me that, when my browser window is
> maximized, there's plenty of room for the table of contents to remain
> visible alongside the content.  But it's hidden automatically, and
> remains hidden until the user interacts with it, which seems suboptimal
> for an intra-page table of contents.
>
> Could we modify it to keep the ToC visible when the window is wide
> enough?  I think that would be a big usability improvement.  WDYT?

The current TOC style is indeed not ideal.
See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87mteh4d0b.fsf@localhost/
If you can work towards improving TOC in Worg, it would be welcome.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,