* org-remember template entry level
@ 2009-05-24 20:26 Richard KLINDA
From: Richard KLINDA @ 2009-05-24 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, when org-remember creates a todo entry for me, it always is a
level 1 entry, like:

,----
| * foo
`----

I want it to be on level 3, like:

,----
| *** foo
`----

However, even if my template contains 3 leading stars,

,----
| (setq org-remember-templates
|       '(("foo" ?f "*** foo"
|          "~/.xemacs/org/foo.org" bottom t)))
`----

the created entry is still on level 1.  Is there a way to make
org-remember keep the number of stars?

Thanks,
Richard

* Re: org-remember template entry level
@ 2009-05-26 17:20 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-26 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard KLINDA; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 24, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Richard KLINDA wrote:

> Hello, when org-remember creates a todo entry for me, it always is a
> level 1 entry, like:
>
> ,----
> | * foo
> `----
>
> I want it to be on level 3, like:
>
> ,----
> | *** foo
> `----
>
> However, even if my template contains 3 leading stars,
>
> ,----
> | (setq org-remember-templates
> |       '(("foo" ?f "*** foo"
> |          "~/.xemacs/org/foo.org" bottom t)))
> `----

If you want it at level 3, then probably as the child of some level 2
entry?
Just replace "bottom" put the name of the level 2 headline, without
any stars.

  (setq org-remember-templates
        '(("foo" ?f "*** foo"
           "~/.xemacs/org/foo.org" "My foo parent heading" t)))

> the created entry is still on level 1.  Is there a way to make
> org-remember keep the number of stars?

No, the number of stars in the template are ignored.
This is because some setups allow you to change the
destination flexibly, so that the headline level needs
to be adjusted.

- Carsten

* Re: org-remember template entry level
@ 2009-05-27  9:54   ` Richard KLINDA
From: Richard KLINDA @ 2009-05-27  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  > If you want it at level 3, then probably as the child of some level
  > 2 entry?  Just replace "bottom" put the name of the level 2
  > headline, without any stars.

It works, thanks!

  > No, the number of stars in the template are ignored.  This is
  > because some setups allow you to change the destination flexibly, so
  > that the headline level needs to be adjusted.

It makes sense, thank you for the explanation.

--
Richard