* I must be missing something...
@ 2009-06-09 13:41 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2009-06-09 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've been using and studying org mode for a few months now, and though
it seems to have great potential, some things still escape me.  For
example, do my DONE items simply accumulate forever in todo.org?  I know
there's an archiving feature... do I move those done items manually to
an archive when I no longer need to see them?

Also, how do I manage my projects?  Org mode seems to "want" to put
everything in one big file.  I know I *can* separate trees by file, but
it doesn't seem to be very convenient to do so.  For example, if I'm
visiting a project file, is there a way to get an agenda view on just
/that/ file without having to modify org-agenda-files?

I know I'm being a bit vague, but so far the basic operations of
org-mode, which were very fast to use at first, haven't "scaled up" very
easily to handle my whole life, and I'm not sure how to get there.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: I must be missing something...
@ 2009-06-09 14:08 giovanni.ridolfi
From: giovanni.ridolfi @ 2009-06-09 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, David Abrahams

--- Mar 9/6/09, David Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> ha scritto:

 Hi David,
> do my DONE items simply accumulate forever in
> todo.org? [...] do I move those done items
> manually to an archive when I no longer need to see them?

yes.

> if I'm
> visiting a project file, is there a way to get an agenda
> view on just
> /that/ file without having to modify org-agenda-files?

what about  C-a  a L  "Timeline of the current buffer" ?

> I know I'm being a bit vague, but so far the basic
> operations of
> org-mode, which were very fast to use at first, haven't
> "scaled up" very
> easily to handle my whole life, and I'm not sure how to get
> there.

you can
+ surf the worg site
   http://orgmode.org/worg/
+  read the document of Bernt
    http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

and try by yourself:

For the things we have to learn before we can do, we learn by doing.
Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics (c. 325 BC) (II.1103a33)

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Aristotle#Nicomachean_Ethics_.28c._325_BC.29

cheers,

Giovanni