* limit agenda to particular tag?
@ 2009-07-28 13:06 John SJ Anderson
From: John SJ Anderson @ 2009-07-28 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  Is there a way to display an agenda (like 'C-a a' does) but have it
  limited to items that have a particular tag? (E.g., so I can see only
  '@WORK' items when at work.)

thanks,
john.
--
But Calvin is no kind and loving god! He's one of the old gods! He demands
sacrifice!  -- Calvin

* Re: limit agenda to particular tag?
@ 2009-07-28 14:56 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2009-07-28 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John SJ Anderson <genehack@genehack.org> writes:

>   Is there a way to display an agenda (like 'C-a a' does) but have it
>   limited to items that have a particular tag? (E.g., so I can see only
>   '@WORK' items when at work.)

Either use your agenda and use / to limit the view to what you want.
Or create a custom agenda command: I have something like this:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("f" "Agenda without Items tagged xyz"
         ((agenda ""))
         ((org-agenda-show-log nil)
          (org-agenda-ndays 1)
          (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(state))
          (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp ":XYZ:"))))
        ;; other commands here
        ("d" "Agenda only Items tagged xyz"
         ((agenda ""))
         ((org-agenda-show-log nil)
          (org-agenda-ndays 1)
          (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(state))
          (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp ":XYZ:"))))
        ;; other commands here
	("w" todo "WAITING")
	("g" todo "STARTED")
        ))

hth
memnon

* Re: limit agenda to particular tag?
@ 2009-07-28 19:15 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-07-28 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John SJ Anderson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John SJ Anderson <genehack@genehack.org> writes:

>   Is there a way to display an agenda (like 'C-a a' does) but have it
>   limited to items that have a particular tag? (E.g., so I can see only
>   '@WORK' items when at work.)

The following FAQs explain how to do this:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#limit-agenda-with-tag-filtering
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#limit-agenda-with-category-match

- Matt

* Re: Re: limit agenda to particular tag?
@ 2009-07-29 10:11   ` John SJ Anderson
From: John SJ Anderson @ 2009-07-29 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@gmail.com> writes:

> John SJ Anderson <genehack@genehack.org> writes:
>
>>   Is there a way to display an agenda (like 'C-a a' does) but have it
>>   limited to items that have a particular tag? (E.g., so I can see only
>>   '@WORK' items when at work.)
>
> Either use your agenda and use / to limit the view to what you want.
> Or create a custom agenda command: I have something like this:

  I couldn't get the custom-commands code you posted to work, but the
  'C-c a a / TAG' thing you and Matthew both pointed out is exactly what
  I was looking for -- thanks to both of you.

chrs,
john.
--
"I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean."
  - G. K. Chesterton

* Re: Re: limit agenda to particular tag?
@ 2009-08-04  0:47     ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2009-08-04  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John SJ Anderson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode