* Off for one week / Help on Org's manual and Worg's org-8.0.org page
@ 2013-03-25  7:04 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-25  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I put a stab at updating Org's manual to reflect some of the changes
triggered by the new export engine and the new export back-ends.

This is far from being finished, though -- we need your help.

You can help by editing Worg's page org-8.0.org:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html

  If you don't have write access to Worg, you can still send patches
  against Worg's repository, someone will review/apply them:

  ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/worg.git

You can also help by pointing at inconsistencies in the manual and
sending patches to fix them.

  If you don't have write access to Org, you can still send patches
  against Org's repository, someone will review/apply them:

  ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

Last but not least, I started a draft for the list of Changes in 8.0:
  http://orgmode.org/Changes.html

Please explore this and test new features heavily.

Updating the Worg page and the manual are crucial tasks: the better we
are here, the smoother it will be for tons of users to switch to Org
8.0 -- a *major* challenge... let's be collectively proud of helping
all those silent users!

I'll be offline most of the time this week.  I will fix some of the
remaining bugs next week-end and, most probably, next week.  If you
have important issues, please mark them as important.

Thanks!!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Off for one week / Help on Org's manual and Worg's org-8.0.org page
@ 2013-03-25 10:59 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-03-25 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 25.03.2013 08:04, schrieb Bastien:
> Dear all,
>
> I put a stab at updating Org's manual to reflect some of the changes
> triggered by the new export engine and the new export back-ends.
>
> This is far from being finished, though -- we need your help.
>
> You can help by editing Worg's page org-8.0.org:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html
>
>   If you don't have write access to Worg, you can still send patches
>   against Worg's repository, someone will review/apply them:
>
>   ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/worg.git
>
> You can also help by pointing at inconsistencies in the manual and
> sending patches to fix them.
>
>   If you don't have write access to Org, you can still send patches
>   against Org's repository, someone will review/apply them:
>
>   ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
>
> Last but not least, I started a draft for the list of Changes in 8.0:
>   http://orgmode.org/Changes.html
>
> Please explore this and test new features heavily.
>
> Updating the Worg page and the manual are crucial tasks: the better we
> are here, the smoother it will be for tons of users to switch to Org
> 8.0 -- a *major* challenge... let's be collectively proud of helping
> all those silent users!
>
> I'll be offline most of the time this week.  I will fix some of the
> remaining bugs next week-end and, most probably, next week.  If you
> have important issues, please mark them as important.
>
> Thanks!!

Hi,

current revision does not compile docs without errors.

make -C doc info
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/Users/rainer/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/org/doc'
makeinfo --no-split org.texi -o org
org.texi:10088: Kein übereinstimmendes „@end table“.
makeinfo: Entferne Ausgabedatei „org“ wegen Fehler; --force benutzen, um diese beizubehalten.
Makefile:55: recipe for target `org' failed
make[1]: *** [org] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/Users/rainer/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/org/doc'
mk/targets.mk:121: recipe for target `info' failed
make: *** [info] Error 2

Regards, Rainer

* Re: Off for one week / Help on Org's manual and Worg's org-8.0.org page
@ 2013-03-25 11:13   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-25 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> current revision does not compile docs without errors.

Fixed, sorry for the typo.

--
 Bastien