* Table Alignment in presence of \vert{}
@ 2013-04-07 13:00 Daniel E. Doherty
From: Daniel E. Doherty @ 2013-04-07 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode List

All,

I am writing an app for bookkeeping that uses regexp's in org tables.
They are working great except that they always come up misaligned when
the regexp has a \vert{} in it for alternation.

Also when tabbing through the file the alignment gets confused as well
and appears to miscalculate the length of the entry, taking display of
\vert into account.

Try tabbing through the following:

#+TBLNAME: modes
|----------------+-------------------------------------------------|
| Name           | Matcher                                         |
|----------------+-------------------------------------------------|
| ATM Withdrawal | /atm withdrawal/                                |
| Auto Debit     | /(ach\s+(debit\vert{}item))\vert{}transfer fee/ |
| Bank Item      | /interest payment\vert{}atm\s+.*fee/            |
| Check          | /check image\vert{}^check/                      |
| Debit Card     | /visa check card\vert{}point of sale/           |
| Transfer       | /(online bnkg\vert{}od coverage) trans(fer)?/   |
|----------------+-------------------------------------------------|

Maybe this is a known problem, but I thought I would report it since
it comes up alot for me.

My org-version is 7.8.11 and Emacs 24.2.1

Thanks

* Re: Table Alignment in presence of \vert{}
@ 2013-04-07 21:33 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-07 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel E. Doherty; +Cc: Org-mode List

Hi Daniel,

Daniel E. Doherty <ded-law@ddoherty.net> writes:

> Try tabbing through the following:
>
> #+TBLNAME: modes
> |----------------+-------------------------------------------------|
> | Name           | Matcher                                         |
> |----------------+-------------------------------------------------|
> | ATM Withdrawal | /atm withdrawal/                                |
> | Auto Debit     | /(ach\s+(debit\vert{}item))\vert{}transfer fee/ |
> | Bank Item      | /interest payment\vert{}atm\s+.*fee/            |
> | Check          | /check image\vert{}^check/                      |
> | Debit Card     | /visa check card\vert{}point of sale/           |
> | Transfer       | /(online bnkg\vert{}od coverage) trans(fer)?/   |
>
> Maybe this is a known problem, but I thought I would report it since
> it comes up alot for me.

This is correctly aligned for me.  I guess you toggle pretty entities
(M-x org-toggle-pretty-entities RET) but in that case, which results
in the misalignment you report, but I'm afraid we cannot anything
here.

--
 Bastien