* new exporter and plain text table export alignment
@ 2013-04-09 11:51 maxco.tr
From: maxco.tr @ 2013-04-09 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

I use org tables to estimate construction projects.  I frequently use
simple math within a table cell to help me remember what I was
thinking when I entered the data.

It seems that the new exporter does not align plain text exports in
some of these situations.  I only use plain text and html exports;
html is working perfectly.

example tables and the results I see.

* table I - good
|         |         |    |       |
|---------+---------+----+-------|
| apples  |       3 |  8 |  24.0 |
| oranges | 1.2+2.8 |  9 |  36.0 |
| plums   |       5 | 10 |  50.0 |
|---------+---------+----+-------|
|         |         |    | 110.0 |
#+TBLFM: $4=$2*$3;%.1f::@5$4=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.1f

table I - good
=======

  -----------------------------
   apples         3   8   24.0
   oranges  1.2+2.8   9   36.0
   plums          5  10   50.0
  -----------------------------
                         110.0

* table II
|         |             |    |       |
|---------+-------------+----+-------|
| apples  |           3 |  8 |  24.0 |
| oranges | 1.1+1.2+1.7 |  9 |  36.0 |
| plums   |           5 | 10 |  50.0 |
|---------+-------------+----+-------|
|         |             |    | 110.0 |
#+TBLFM: $4=$2*$3;%.1f::@5$4=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.1f

table II
========

  ---------------------------------
   apples   	  3          8   24.0
   oranges  1.1+1.2+1.7   9   36.0
   plums    	  5         10   50.0
  ---------------------------------
                             110.0

* table III
|        |                  |     |      |
|--------+------------------+-----+------|
| apples |                3 |   8 | 24.0 |
| are    |                4 |   9 | 36.0 |
| good   | 1.87995654654654 |  10 | 18.8 |
|--------+------------------+-----+------|
|        |                  |     | 78.8 |
#+TBLFM: $4=$2*$3;%.1f::@5$4=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.1f

table III
=========

  ------------------------------------
   apples  	       3          8  24.0
   are     	       4          9  36.0
   good    1.87995654654654  10  18.8
  ------------------------------------
                                 78.8

thanks
Tracy Helms

* Re: new exporter and plain text table export alignment
@ 2013-04-09 13:41 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-09 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxco.tr; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

maxco.tr@gmail.com writes:

> I use org tables to estimate construction projects.  I frequently use
> simple math within a table cell to help me remember what I was
> thinking when I entered the data.
>
> It seems that the new exporter does not align plain text exports in
> some of these situations.  I only use plain text and html exports;
> html is working perfectly.
>
> example tables and the results I see.

Thank you for the detailed report. Unfortunately (or fortunately),
I cannot reproduce it with Org-mode version 8.0-pre
(release_8.0-pre-333-g728c69).

What version do you use?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: new exporter and plain text table export alignment
@ 2013-04-09 14:06   ` Maxco.tr
From: Maxco.tr @ 2013-04-09 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for the detailed report. Unfortunately (or fortunately),
> I cannot reproduce it with Org-mode version 8.0-pre
> (release_8.0-pre-333-g728c69).
>
> What version do you use?
>

> Regards,

the same, (release_8.0-pre-333-g728c69)

I was afraid of that.  Thanks for your help, I'll investigate my setup.

* Re: new exporter and plain text table export alignment
@ 2013-04-09 14:58     ` Maxco.tr
From: Maxco.tr @ 2013-04-09 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

maxco.tr@gmail.com writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Thank you for the detailed report. Unfortunately (or fortunately),
>> I cannot reproduce it with Org-mode version 8.0-pre
>> (release_8.0-pre-333-g728c69).
>>
>> What version do you use?
>>

>> Regards,
>
> the same, (release_8.0-pre-333-g728c69)
>
> I was afraid of that.  Thanks for your help, I'll investigate my setup.

I had '(org-startup-indented t)
removing that and plain text table exports are back to normal.
thanks again for the help.