* Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost
@ 2013-06-09 18:20 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-06-09 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

I hope I am almost done with the installation.

    - First thanks to Achim Gratz for pointing out
      http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-4
      to set the compilation and built process correctly.

    -  next, when I compiled installed and restarted xemacs using
       the 8.03 version I run into an error of the sort

Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (obsolete-name current-name
when &optional docstring) "$ad-doc:
define-obsolete-function-alias$" (let (ad-return-value) (setq
ad-return-value (ad-Orig-define-obsolete-function-alias
obsolete-name current-name)) ad-return-value)), 2

This is now a common subject, define-obsolete-function-alias in
xemacs still only accepts 2 arguments while GNU emacs accepts 3.

(I had this issue for example in Ulf icalendar.el). I thought of
wrapping (if (featurep 'xemacs) around the relevant code, till I
found out that there is already a org-compat, so I
   added (require 'org-compat) and then the problem disappeared.

    -  However I now receive:

 Cannot open load file:       "org-version.el"

and that puzzles me, I grepped by init files and looked for such
a file but no avail.

Is there anybody who could give me a hint?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost
@ 2013-06-09 18:45 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-06-09 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:
> (I had this issue for example in Ulf icalendar.el). I thought of
> wrapping (if (featurep 'xemacs) around the relevant code, till I
> found out that there is already a org-compat, so I
>    added (require 'org-compat) and then the problem disappeared.
>
>     -  However I now receive:
>
>  Cannot open load file:       "org-version.el"

This would indicate you didn't create the autoload files.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost
@ 2013-06-09 19:45   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-06-09 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> "Achim" == Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer writes:
   >> (I had this issue for example in Ulf icalendar.el). I thought of
   >> wrapping (if (featurep 'xemacs) around the relevant code, till I
   >> found out that there is already a org-compat, so I
   >> added (require 'org-compat) and then the problem disappeared.
   >>
   >> -  However I now receive:
   >>
   >> Cannot open load file:       "org-version.el"

   > This would indicate you didn't create the autoload files.
Strange I am sure I run make autoload.
I did it again and now this file is generated. *However*
now  even with
(require 'org-compat)

I obtain
,----

| (1) (initialization/error) An error has occurred while loading /home/oub/.emacs:
|
| Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (obsolete-name current-name when
| &optional docstring) "$ad-doc: define-obsolete-function-alias$" (let
| (ad-return-value) (setq ad-return-value
| (ad-Orig-define-obsolete-function-alias obsolete-name current-name))
| ad-return-value)), 2
`----

The strange this is that C-h f define-obsolete-function-alias tells me
that the function is advised and points to org-compat but it seems not
to work.
I can of course just wrap the xemacs featurep and delete the docstring
in these functions but I thought org-compat would make this not
necessary.

Uwe

* Re: Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost
@ 2013-06-09 20:14     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-06-09 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:
> The strange this is that C-h f define-obsolete-function-alias tells me
> that the function is advised and points to org-compat but it seems not
> to work.

I think it is possible that XEmacs treats advices a bit differently.
Anyway, the idea of the advice is to drop the (not needed) third
argument before calling the XEmacs function.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost
@ 2013-06-09 20:36       ` Uwe Brauer