* Code to convert lists etc. to HTML for org-mode export filter?
@ 2014-08-31  9:22 Felix Natter
From: Felix Natter @ 2014-08-31  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi,

I am working on org-freeplane.el, a fork of org-freemind.el [1].

[1] FreeMind and Freeplane are mind mapping programs and can thus
be used to organize tree-structured information like org-mode does.
Freeplane is a FreeMind fork, org-freeplane.el was necessary because
users want to use the features of Freeplane.

Can someone please point me to the code for converting node text to
HTML in org-mode?
The following code:

* item1
- one
- two
- three

should result in a mind map node with content:

item1
<ul>
  <li>one</li>
  <li>two</li>
  <li>three</li>
</ul>

(of course there are more complex examples, like nested lists etc.)

Is there common code for exporting to HTML (3.2 in my case)?
Shall I import org-html.el in org-freeplane.el and use code from that?
(I think that wouldn't be trivial because 'org-export-as-html'
does a lot of stuff that I may not require/allow like running hooks...)

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter

* Re: Code to convert lists etc. to HTML for org-mode export filter?
@ 2014-09-01  9:05 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-09-01  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:

> hi,
>
> I am working on org-freeplane.el, a fork of org-freemind.el [1].
>
> [1] FreeMind and Freeplane are mind mapping programs and can thus
> be used to organize tree-structured information like org-mode does.
> Freeplane is a FreeMind fork, org-freeplane.el was necessary because
> users want to use the features of Freeplane.
>
> Can someone please point me to the code for converting node text to
> HTML in org-mode?

org-freemind is derived from ox-html:

,----
| ;;; Define Back-End
| (org-export-define-derived-backend 'freemind 'html ...)
`----

so if org-freeplane derives from org-freemind, you have all the
html-exporting functionality at your fingertips already, if I'm not
mistaken.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* ox-freemind.el / org-freemind.el (was: Re: Code to convert lists etc. to HTML for org-mode export filter?)
@ 2014-09-01 17:20   ` Felix Natter
From: Felix Natter @ 2014-09-01 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I am working on org-freeplane.el, a fork of org-freemind.el [1].
>>
>> [1] FreeMind and Freeplane are mind mapping programs and can thus
>> be used to organize tree-structured information like org-mode does.
>> Freeplane is a FreeMind fork, org-freeplane.el was necessary because
>> users want to use the features of Freeplane.
>>
>> Can someone please point me to the code for converting node text to
>> HTML in org-mode?
>
> org-freemind is derived from ox-html:
>
> ,----
> | ;;; Define Back-End
> | (org-export-define-derived-backend 'freemind 'html ...)
> `----
>
> so if org-freeplane derives from org-freemind, you have all the
> html-exporting functionality at your fingertips already, if I'm not
> mistaken.

hi Thorsten,

thanks for the hint, seems my org-mode is hopelessly outdated (from
emacs 24.3).
However, I cannot find any *-freemind.el in
git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git, is that because it's non-free?
(in git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git, it is included as
contrib/lisp/ox-freemind.el, does the 'contrib' indicate non-free as
well...?)

Is ox-freemind.el derived (forked/copied) from org-freemind.el?
Is anyone currently actively developing ox-freemind.el?

Also: In order to build on the latest org-mode, can I just put
contrib/lisp and lisp/ from git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git master branch
in my load-path?

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter

* Re: ox-freemind.el / org-freemind.el
@ 2014-09-01 18:18     ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-09-01 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on org-freeplane.el, a fork of org-freemind.el [1].
>>>
>>> [1] FreeMind and Freeplane are mind mapping programs and can thus
>>> be used to organize tree-structured information like org-mode does.
>>> Freeplane is a FreeMind fork, org-freeplane.el was necessary because
>>> users want to use the features of Freeplane.
>>>
>>> Can someone please point me to the code for converting node text to
>>> HTML in org-mode?
>>
>> org-freemind is derived from ox-html:
>>
>> ,----
>> | ;;; Define Back-End
>> | (org-export-define-derived-backend 'freemind 'html ...)
>> `----
>>
>> so if org-freeplane derives from org-freemind, you have all the
>> html-exporting functionality at your fingertips already, if I'm not
>> mistaken.
>
> hi Thorsten,
>
> thanks for the hint, seems my org-mode is hopelessly outdated (from
> emacs 24.3).
> However, I cannot find any *-freemind.el in
> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git, is that because it's non-free?
> (in git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git, it is included as
> contrib/lisp/ox-freemind.el, does the 'contrib' indicate non-free as
> well...?)

for me its in:

,----
`----

> Is ox-freemind.el derived (forked/copied) from org-freemind.el?
> Is anyone currently actively developing ox-freemind.el?

Does org-freemind.el exist at all? exporters a usually prefixed with
'ox-'. I have no idea about its state, did not even know about
freemind.

> Also: In order to build on the latest org-mode, can I just put
> contrib/lisp and lisp/ from git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git master branch
> in my load-path?

There exists a dedicate Worg article about this topic, but I don't know
the URL.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: ox-freemind.el / org-freemind.el
@ 2014-09-02  8:53       ` Felix Natter
From: Felix Natter @ 2014-09-02  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

>>> org-freemind is derived from ox-html:
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> so if org-freeplane derives from org-freemind, you have all the
>>> html-exporting functionality at your fingertips already, if I'm not
>>> mistaken.
>>
>> hi Thorsten,
>>
>> thanks for the hint, seems my org-mode is hopelessly outdated (from
>> emacs 24.3).
>> However, I cannot find any *-freemind.el in
>> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git, is that because it's non-free?
>> (in git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git, it is included as
>> contrib/lisp/ox-freemind.el, does the 'contrib' indicate non-free as
>> well...?)
>
> for me its in:
>
> ,----
> | /org-mode/contrib/lisp/ox-freemind.el
> `----

For me too :-)

So the right way for ox-freeplane.el to be accepted in org-mode is to
extend or clone ox-freemind.el? Is there a chance that ox-freeplane.el
will move from contrib/ to lisp/ (when I sign the copyright papers)?

>> Is ox-freemind.el derived (forked/copied) from org-freemind.el?
>> Is anyone currently actively developing ox-freemind.el?
>
> Does org-freemind.el exist at all?

Yes, it's part of GNU Emacs 24.3:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-freemind.el.gz

Thanks and Best Regards,
--

@ 2014-09-02  9:45         ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-09-02  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:

> So the right way for ox-freeplane.el to be accepted in org-mode is to
> extend or clone ox-freemind.el?

Thats just a technical question, and it seems to make more sense than
starting from scratch. The maintainers accept libs, doesn't matter if
cloned or written from scratch, its more a question of quality and
usefullness.

> Is there a chance that ox-freeplane.el
> will move from contrib/ to lisp/ (when I sign the copyright papers)?

You can have a github repo and make a MELPA package, that way all Emacs
users who use MELPA can easily install your lib. Its not a *must* to
include an Org lib in Org-mode, but if you want to, you need to convince
the maintainers and probably sign the papers, yes.

--
cheers,
Thorsten