* org-edit-special doesn't work within #+BEGIN_LaTeX blocks anymore
@ 2014-09-07  8:32 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2014-09-07  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It used to work, but the latest from git gives
user-error: No special environment to edit here
It was very convenient to use auctex from within an org file using a lot
of LaTeX formulas. Is there a reason to change this behaviour ?

Julien.

* Re: org-edit-special doesn't work within #+BEGIN_LaTeX blocks anymore
@ 2014-09-07 18:27 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-09-07 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sunday,  7 Sep 2014 at 10:32, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> It used to work, but the latest from git gives
>
> user-error: No special environment to edit here
>
> It was very convenient to use auctex from within an org file using a lot
> of LaTeX formulas. Is there a reason to change this behaviour ?

+1

I ran into this change today.  I like being able to edit latex in its
own mode without having to resort to babel.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-310-g38d0eb

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: org-edit-special doesn't work within #+BEGIN_LaTeX blocks anymore
@ 2014-09-07 19:14   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-07 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I ran into this change today.  I like being able to edit latex in its
> own mode without having to resort to babel.

Actually, this is a consequence of a known bug. See my last reply in
thread at

  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/90336

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-edit-special doesn't work within #+BEGIN_LaTeX blocks anymore
@ 2014-09-08  8:34     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-09-08  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sunday,  7 Sep 2014 at 21:14, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> I ran into this change today.  I like being able to edit latex in its
>> own mode without having to resort to babel.
>
> Actually, this is a consequence of a known bug. See my last reply in
> thread at
>
>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/90336

Thanks Nicolas but I don't actually understand this.  <blush>

IIRC, I used to be able to edit LaTeX special blocks in a similar way as
babel src blocks but I no longer can.  Is this correct?  If so, why?

It's not a deal breaker, by the way.  I can survive by using LaTeX src
blocks instead.

thanks,
eric

--

@ 2014-09-08 10:22       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-08 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Thanks Nicolas but I don't actually understand this.  <blush>
>
> IIRC, I used to be able to edit LaTeX special blocks in a similar way as
> babel src blocks but I no longer can.  Is this correct?  If so, why?

To cut a long story short, I tried to solve a special-block/export-block
ambiguity, but my solution was wrong and export blocks in master started
acting weird.

I suggested another, not backward-compatible, solution and I'm waiting
for comments about it.

Anyhow, I reverted this mess: situation should be back to normal.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-edit-special doesn't work within #+BEGIN_LaTeX blocks anymore
@ 2014-09-08 11:01         ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-09-08 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode