* Suggestion, ox-latex: Perhaps a line break should be inserted into low-level headlines
@ 2014-10-03  7:58 Anders Johansson
From: Anders Johansson @ 2014-10-03  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
Currently low-level headlines in latex export to:

\item HEADLINE-TEXT
\label{sec-1-3}
CONTENTS

This makes the headline text and contents go together in the same line
with just a space in between. I think there should be a line break or
paragraph break between them.

Something like

\item HEADLINE-TEXT
\label{sec-1-3}\\
CONTENTS

Or:

\item HEADLINE-TEXT
\label{sec-1-3}

CONTENTS

The first variant means modifying the headline-label variable (or
something like that) in org-latex-headline. The second is less messy to
implement.

Cheers,
Anders Johansson

* Re: Suggestion, ox-latex: Perhaps a line break should be inserted into low-level headlines
@ 2014-10-03  8:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-10-03  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Johansson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Anders Johansson <mejlaandersj@gmail.com> writes:

> Currently low-level headlines in latex export to:
>
> \item HEADLINE-TEXT
> \label{sec-1-3}
> CONTENTS

Not really. Export respects blank lines between the headline an its
contents. So

  * Headline

    Contents

will be exported as

  \item Headline
  \label{whatever}

  Contents

> This makes the headline text and contents go together in the same line
> with just a space in between. I think there should be a line break or
> paragraph break between them.

I don't think is should be mandatory.

  * Low-level-headline ---
    Some conents

is meant to be inserted on the same line.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Suggestion, ox-latex: Perhaps a line break should be inserted into low-level headlines
@ 2014-10-03 16:12   ` Anders Johansson
From: Anders Johansson @ 2014-10-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> Hello,
>
> Anders Johansson <mejlaandersj@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Currently low-level headlines in latex export to:
>>
>> \item HEADLINE-TEXT
>> \label{sec-1-3}
>> CONTENTS
> Not really. Export respects blank lines between the headline an its
> contents. So
>
>    * Headline
>
>      Contents
>
> will be exported as
>
>    \item Headline
>    \label{whatever}
>
>    Contents
>
>> This makes the headline text and contents go together in the same line
>> with just a space in between. I think there should be a line break or
>> paragraph break between them.
> I don't think is should be mandatory.
>
>    * Low-level-headline ---
>      Some conents
>
> is meant to be inserted on the same line.
>

> Regards,

Hi,
I see. This just didn't really fit with my use-case. I seldom decide
before what will be considered "low-level" headlines and make them
special. For my large "generated" documents I'll hack something together
then.

I guess that even if it's not mandatory it could always be an option :-)

Cheers,

* Re: Suggestion, ox-latex: Perhaps a line break should be inserted into low-level headlines
@ 2014-10-03 19:41     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-10-03 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Johansson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Anders Johansson <mejlaandersj@gmail.com> writes:

> I see. This just didn't really fit with my use-case. I seldom decide
> before what will be considered "low-level" headlines and make them
> special. For my large "generated" documents I'll hack something
> together then.

You don't have to decide anything. Just put a blank line just after
headline (or planning info) every time.