* Org Agenda Mode Line
@ 2015-01-30 13:00 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2015-01-30 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

Suddenly I see my org agenda mode line has, as the buffer name,
    *Org Agenda(a:2015-01-24)

I've tried closing and restarting agenda but it persists. What does this mean? I can't seem to locate this in the documentation.

* Re: Org Agenda Mode Line
@ 2015-01-30 17:33 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2015-01-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson; +Cc: orgmode list

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) wrote:
> Suddenly I see my org agenda mode line has, as the buffer name,
>     *Org Agenda(a:2015-01-24)
>
> I've tried closing and restarting agenda but it persists. What does
> this mean?

That looks like a buffer name generated when org-agenda-sticky is
non-nil.  The text in parentheses tells you how the command was invoked.
For example, "*Org Agenda(s:term)*" means that after calling org-agenda,
you pressed 's' and searched for 'term'.  In your case, you used the 'a'
key, but I'm uncertain of how the '2015-01-24' was generated.

How are you trying to close the buffer?  With a sticky agenda, 'q' will
just bury the buffer.  You need to press 'Q' or call kill-buffer
directly to actually kill it.

--
Kyle

* Re: Org Agenda Mode Line
@ 2015-01-30 17:55   ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2015-01-30 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: orgmode list

Hey, thanks for telling me about org-agenda-sticky. I'm going to use that in the future! Having tested, I seem to have gotten rid of the 2015-01-24 line; I notice, though, that it seems to include those messages of one sort or another in every case now. By default it now shows *Org Agenda(a)* and using some other agenda function will show something else. Is this behavior from a recent patch? I don't remember it previously.