* org-mode, file-link, tramp, and smb domain
@ 2015-07-08 15:08 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2015-07-08 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In tramp the syntax for specifying a domain in a smb link is by using a
percentage sign [1]

//smb:user%DOMAIN@host:D/path/

but when trying to use this together with the org-mode file: link the
result is that it changes %D to ^M (control-M). Similar results are gotten
with other characters after the percentage sign. (If the letter is not in
the hexadecimal range, ^@ (null) is received). Even %% does not escape the
percentage sign.

Is there any easy workaround?

Thanks!
Dov

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/tramp/External-methods.html

* Re: org-mode, file-link, tramp, and smb domain
@ 2015-07-08 16:43 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-07-08 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dov Grobgeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday,  8 Jul 2015 at 18:08, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In tramp the syntax for specifying a domain in a smb link is by using a
> percentage sign [1]
>
> //smb:user%DOMAIN@host:D/path/
>
> but when trying to use this together with the org-mode file: link the
> result is that it changes %D to ^M (control-M). Similar results are gotten
> with other characters after the percentage sign. (If the letter is not in
> the hexadecimal range, ^@ (null) is received). Even %% does not escape the
> percentage sign.
>
> Is there any easy workaround?

Maybe encode the % using %25 (hex value for %) so "... user%25DOMAIN@ ..."?

Untested, mind you!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1260-gcedef7

* Re: org-mode, file-link, tramp, and smb domain
@ 2015-07-22  8:39 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-07-22  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dov Grobgeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com> writes:

> In tramp the syntax for specifying a domain in a smb link is by using a
> percentage sign [1]
>
> //smb:user%DOMAIN@host:D/path/
>
> but when trying to use this together with the org-mode file: link the
> result is that it changes %D to ^M (control-M).

This last part is not entirely clear to me. Could you elaborate on what
are you doing exactly to "use this together with file: link"?

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou