* Bug: Does HEADER_LATEX_EXTRA work in org 9.0? [9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/)]
@ 2017-06-24 22:05 Mario Román
From: Mario Román @ 2017-06-24 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have tried to use #+latex_header_extra on org 9.0.9, using an empty Emacs
configuration file. The following fragment

    #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA: \newcommand{\test}{testing}
    $\test$

creates an image with the text "testing". It seems that it is using the
command inside the preview; but I would expect it to give me an error (a
blank image), as \test should not be defined in latex preview. I don't know
if this is a bug or if I am missing something.

Expected behaviour: error on the latex preview.
Actual behaviour: the latex preview works using the command defined on the
extra header, that should not be used in latex preview.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.22.12)
 of 2017-04-28
Package: Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @
~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/)

* Re: Bug: Does HEADER_LATEX_EXTRA work in org 9.0? [9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/)]
@ 2017-06-25  7:41 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-06-25  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mario Román; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mario Román <mromang08@gmail.com> writes:

> I have tried to use #+latex_header_extra on org 9.0.9, using an empty Emacs
> configuration file. The following fragment
>
>     #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA: \newcommand{\test}{testing}
>     $\test$
>
> creates an image with the text "testing". It seems that it is using the
> command inside the preview; but I would expect it to give me an error (a
> blank image), as \test should not be defined in latex preview. I don't know
> if this is a bug or if I am missing something.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou