* org-agenda time grid broken ?
@ 2017-08-05 21:28 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-05 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I noticed today (I hadn't used it in a long time) that the today and/or
time-grid view in the agenda seems broken.

With emacs -Q running Org mode version 9.0.9 (release_9.0.9 @ /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/)

(setq org-agenda-files '("~/tmp/test-org/todo.org"))

todo.org
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
* Beach
<2017-08-05 sam. 14:00-15:00>

org-agenda gives, as expected:
Week-agenda (W31):
Monday     31 July 2017 W31
Tuesday     1 August 2017
Wednesday   2 August 2017
Thursday    3 August 2017
Friday      4 August 2017
Saturday    5 August 2017
               8:00...... ----------------
              10:00...... ----------------
              12:00...... ----------------
  todo:       14:00-15:00 Beach
              14:00...... ----------------
              16:00...... ----------------
              18:00...... ----------------
              20:00...... ----------------
              23:17...... now - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sunday      6 August 2017

However, with Org mode version 9.0.9 (release_9.0.9 @ /home/wilk/git-repositories/org-mode/lisp/)

the info for today are missing: org-agenda gives (notice Saturday is missing)

Week-agenda (W31):
Monday     31 July 2017 W31
Tuesday     1 August 2017
Wednesday   2 August 2017
Thursday    3 August 2017
Friday      4 August 2017

and attempting to switch to the day view gives the following message

org-agenda-check-type: No Org agenda currently displayed

Did I miss an important change to the way org-agenda-files is to be
used ?

Julien.

* Re: org-agenda time grid broken ?
@ 2017-08-05 22:24 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-08-05 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Did I miss an important change to the way org-agenda-files is to be
> used ?

It is probably related to the change in `org-agenda-time-grid'. See new
docstring.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-agenda time grid broken ?
@ 2017-08-06  6:27   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-06  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Did I miss an important change to the way org-agenda-files is to be
>> used ?
>
> It is probably related to the change in `org-agenda-time-grid'. See new
> docstring.

I've looked into it but the example I provided is run from emacs -Q and
no change to the default value of org-agenda-time-grid, set to

((daily today require-timed)
 (800 1000 1200 1400 1600 1800 2000)
 "......" "----------------")

Also, I noticed two other things:

* when I'm using org from the git repo, a call to org-agenda throws this
  error:

  org-agenda-format-item: Symbol’s function definition is void: org-duration-to-minutes

* I'm using
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git-repositories/org-mode/lisp")
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git-repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
  to choose the git version of org-mode. If I run org-reload immediately
  afterwards (which I didn't use to do up to now), the error disappears,
  at least with the minimalist example from my previous post.

@ 2017-08-06  7:57     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-08-06  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>>
>>> Did I miss an important change to the way org-agenda-files is to be
>>> used ?
>>
>> It is probably related to the change in `org-agenda-time-grid'. See new
>> docstring.
>
> I've looked into it but the example I provided is run from emacs -Q and
> no change to the default value of org-agenda-time-grid, set to
>
> ((daily today require-timed)
>  (800 1000 1200 1400 1600 1800 2000)
>  "......" "----------------")

I can reproduce it. It looks like the bug reported at
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-07/msg00519.html>.

> Also, I noticed two other things:
>
> * when I'm using org from the git repo, a call to org-agenda throws this
>   error:

>   org-agenda-format-item: Symbol’s function definition is void: org-duration-to-minutes

Something is wrong in your set-up. `org-duration-to-minutes' was
introduced in master.

Nicolas Goaziou