* Bug: Spell checking language not set correctly when exporting to ODT [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @ /home/christoph/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180514/)]
@ 2018-05-16 21:19 Christoph Michelbach
From: Christoph Michelbach @ 2018-05-16 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When exporting an org document to ODT, the language used for spell checking is
always set to British English. The TOC's name is actually translated to the
language specified in the org document but the spell checking language is not
set correctly. It is particularly weird that it is set to British English
instead of American English because American English is the default pretty much
anywhere.

--
Christoph Michelbach <michelbach94@gmail.com>

* Re: Bug: Spell checking language not set correctly when exporting to ODT [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @ /home/christoph/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180514/)]
  2018-05-16 21:19 Bug: Spell checking language not set correctly when exporting to ODT [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @ /home/christoph/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180514/)] Christoph Michelbach
@ 2018-05-17 16:03 ` Josiah Schwab
From: Josiah Schwab @ 2018-05-17 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Michelbach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Christoph,

> When exporting an org document to ODT, the language used for spell checking is
> always set to British English. The TOC's name is actually translated to the
> language specified in the org document but the spell checking language is not
> set correctly. It is particularly weird that it is set to British English
> instead of American English because American English is the default pretty much
> anywhere.

This comes with the caveat that I've never used the ODT exporter, but I
believe this language setting enters via the default ODT styles file
OrgOdtStyles.xml.  (I see some country="GB" strings in there.)

You could make a copy of this file, change the assumed country, and then
use the modified version by setting org-odt-styles-file.

Hope that helps,
Josiah