* Item descriptions get surrounded by wrong curly braces in LaTeX export
@ 2020-02-18  0:50 Joon Ro
From: Joon Ro @ 2020-02-18  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I noticed that in LaTeX export, descriptions in description lists are surrounded by {} instead of [] in LaTeX export, making them not correctly rendered.
For example, the following

- Description :: Item
- Description :: Item

gets exported as

\begin{description}
\item{Description} Item
\item{Description} Item
\end{description}

instead of

\begin{description}
\item[Description] Item
\item[Description] Item
\end{description}

and thus they are not correctly rendered in the PDF output.

I'm currently using Org mode version 9.3.6 (9.3.6-4-gdfa7a3-elpaplus @ c:/Users/joon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200217/)

* Re: Item descriptions get surrounded by wrong curly braces in LaTeX export
@ 2020-02-19 15:59 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2020-02-19 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joon Ro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020 at 00:50, Joon Ro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that in LaTeX export, descriptions in description lists are
> surrounded by {} instead of [] in LaTeX export, making them not
> correctly rendered.

I can confirm this with the latest version of org from git.  The outcome
is not what is desired nor what was previously the case.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-350-g39f1c1

* Re: Item descriptions get surrounded by wrong curly braces in LaTeX export
@ 2020-02-19 16:07 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2020-02-19 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joon Ro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

The problem, I think, seems to have been caused by commit 5acf4d4692
which addressed problems with check boxes.  I'm not sure how to fix it.

--

@ 2020-02-19 17:15   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-19 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: Joon Ro, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Eric and Joon,

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> The problem, I think, seems to have been caused by commit 5acf4d4692

Indeed, it should be fixed now, thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Item descriptions get surrounded by wrong curly braces in LaTeX export
@ 2020-02-19 17:24     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2020-02-19 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Joon Ro, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020 at 18:15, Bastien wrote:
>> The problem, I think, seems to have been caused by commit 5acf4d4692
>
> Indeed, it should be fixed now, thanks!

Confirmed!  Many thanks.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-354-g9d5880