* org-mode for code comments?
@ 2023-04-10 18:13 Robert Nikander
From: Robert Nikander @ 2023-04-10 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I searched the internet and this doesn’t seem to exist. I would like to have something like the opposite of code blocks. I could edit a code file, and the comments would be in org-mode. I happen to be using C++ and lsp-mode at the moment.

    //  This C++ comment is all org mode. The font formatting, colors, expand and collapse UI.
    //  /italic/, *bold*, =code=, [[file:/Some/thing.org][links]], etc.
    //  Lists:
    //  1. apple
    //  2. banana
    //  * Headers
    //  ** Subheaders
    //  *** TODO Fix blah blah blah.
    //  Tables, inline images, ...
    void foo(int x, std::string str) { … }

Does this exist? I don’t know if Emacs has the necessary features to support it.

Rob

* Re: org-mode for code comments?
@ 2023-04-10 18:42 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-04-10 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Nikander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Robert Nikander <robert.nikander@icloud.com> writes:

> I searched the internet and this doesn’t seem to exist. I would like to have something like the opposite of code blocks. I could edit a code file, and the comments would be in org-mode. I happen to be using C++ and lsp-mode at the moment.

You can use built-in outline-minor-mode, the predecessor of Org mode.
Even closer to your request is https://github.com/alphapapa/outshine

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,