* Event management
@ 2023-10-09 21:18 Rainer Hansen
From: Rainer Hansen @ 2023-10-09 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I wonder if somebody has used Org mode to plan and manage a webinar
where all participants register via LinkedIn?

I am running a webinar together with a friend. She will be the main
presenter and I will be the host and invite people to the webinar and
make people aware of it, which includes sending reminders etc. As Org
Mode is my working horse I try to do the event management with it.

The event is managed via LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/events/communicatesuccessfullyininterv7115081313199509504/

but it is difficult to keep track of who has recently signed-up in
LinkedIn. I can only see the complete list of people having
signed-up. Therefore I use Firefox and the extension Copy as Org-Mode to
copy the participant lists into Org Mode manually. In Org Mode I can
finally sort them after I have done a lot of manual cleaning ... Then I
can track in Org Mode to whom I have sent a reminder or a question and
if I have got feedback.

I wonder if anyone has used Org Mode to organize an LinkedIn event where
he was not the LinkedIn event organizer. Have you found a good way to
reduce the manual cleaning?

Regards,
Rainer

P.S. In case anyone wonders, the event is about commnunication styles
and how to use them to be more successful in interviews or other
situations when you don't know the other person very well ...

* Re: Event management
@ 2023-10-12 12:54 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-10-12 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Hansen <rainer.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> The event is managed via LinkedIn:
> https://www.linkedin.com/events/communicatesuccessfullyininterv7115081313199509504/
>
> but it is difficult to keep track of who has recently signed-up in
> LinkedIn. I can only see the complete list of people having
> signed-up. Therefore I use Firefox and the extension Copy as Org-Mode to
> copy the participant lists into Org Mode manually. In Org Mode I can
> finally sort them after I have done a lot of manual cleaning ... Then I
> can track in Org Mode to whom I have sent a reminder or a question and
> if I have got feedback.

In the absence of an API, the best I can see you can do is automating
the cleanup. Either using text manipulation in Elisp or some kind of
HTML parsing library (for example, see
https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref/blob/master/org-capture-ref.el#L1026
where I extract some metadata from various HTML pages).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Event management
@ 2023-10-14 11:26   ` Rainer Hansen
From: Rainer Hansen @ 2023-10-14 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> In the absence of an API, the best I can see you can do is automating
> the cleanup. Either using text manipulation in Elisp or some kind of
> HTML parsing library (for example, see
> https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref/blob/master/org-capture-ref.el#L1026
> where I extract some metadata from various HTML pages).

thanks for the answer and for sharing the link to the example. Yes,
automating the cleanup is the way to go. I will try to automate the
cleanup.