* TODO item: is there a way to alert me about it?
@ 2023-12-09 10:10 Renato Pontefice
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2023-12-09 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I’m wondering if I can have an alert for a TODO that I’ve to execute (i.e.) some minutes later.

Is there a way?

Thank you

Renato

* Re: TODO item: is there a way to alert me about it?
@ 2023-12-11 14:24 ` Ihor Radchenko
       [not found]   ` <8E9C5280-3982-4179-B074-A1F6A3340ED6@gmail.com>
       [not found]   ` <90967A18-D5F2-4028-89C3-63CE0CD64E9B@gmail.com>
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-12-11 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I’m wondering if I can have an alert for a TODO that I’ve to execute (i.e.) some minutes later.
>
> Is there a way?

See https://orgmode.org/manual/Weekly_002fdaily-agenda.html (Appointment reminders).
There are also various third-party packages.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

@ 2023-12-14 19:11     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-12-14 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/org-notify.html for example.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

@ 2023-12-14 19:17     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-12-14 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> Appointment reminders
>
>  <> <> <> <> <>Org can interact with Emacs appointments notification facility. To add the appointments of your agenda files, use the command org-agenda-to-appt. This command lets you filter through the list of your appointments and add only those belonging to a specific category or matching a regular expression. It also reads a ‘APPT_WARNTIME’ property which overrides the value of appt-message-warning-time for this appointment. See the docstring for details.
>

> This?

This as well. You may add it to your config, for example. Or run on
timer to add reminders to recently added headings.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,