* Using a latex auxdir
@ 2024-05-14  3:24 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2024-05-14  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

HI folks!

Long time!!

I wanted to keep all my latex generated files inside auxdir.
So I changed org-latex-pdf-process thus:

(setq org-latex-pdf-process
      '("latexmk -f -pdf -%latex -interaction=nonstopmode -auxdir=%oauxdir
%f"
"mv %F %oauxdir"  ))

But this confuses org and I dont get C-c C-e l p generating from the old
org file.
I thought the mv which moves the generated tex file into the auxdir is
confusing org.
But removing it does not help.

Any suggestions?

* Re: Using a latex auxdir
@ 2024-05-14  3:26 ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2024-05-14  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 8:54 AM Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> But this confuses org and I dont get C-c C-e l p generating from the old
> org file.
> I thought the mv which moves the generated tex file into the auxdir is
> confusing org.
> But removing it does not help.

Sorry I mistyped. I meant
But this confuses org and I get C-c C-e l p generating from the old org
file. (
ie I dont see the latest changes to the org file reflected in the pdf after
generation)

* Re: Using a latex auxdir
@ 2024-05-17 11:10 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-05-17 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted to keep all my latex generated files inside auxdir.
> So I changed org-latex-pdf-process thus:
>
> (setq org-latex-pdf-process
>       '("latexmk -f -pdf -%latex -interaction=nonstopmode -auxdir=%oauxdir
> %f"
> "mv %F %oauxdir"  ))
>
> But this confuses org and I dont get C-c C-e l p generating from the old
> org file.
> I thought the mv which moves the generated tex file into the auxdir is
> confusing org.
> But removing it does not help.
>
> Any suggestions?

What do you see in *Org PDF LaTeX Output* buffer?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Using a latex auxdir
@ 2024-05-18  4:46   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2024-05-18  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> What do you see in *Org PDF LaTeX Output* buffer?

After changing some latex settings this has gone, I am not sure how

Anyhow tnx Ihor!

But I'd still like to ask: What is the correct way of having *even the tex
file* in the auxdir?

* Re: Using a latex auxdir
@ 2024-05-18 12:19     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-05-18 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> But I'd still like to ask: What is the correct way of having *even the tex
> file* in the auxdir?

Well. `org-latex-pdf-process' should be the right place to poke
around. Org mode only cares about the produced file to be in the
expected place and nothing more.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,