* [babel] Bug when updating the hash: meta-lines get deleted
@ 2013-12-13 11:27 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-12-13 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

When results caching is enabled, and when the hash must be updated, the
"meta-lines" in front of the results block are _deleted_.

Such meta-lines include:
- ATTR_LaTeX lines
- BEGIN/END_CENTER environments

ECM:

#+PROPERTY: cache yes

#+begin_src R
print("Hello")
#+end_src

#+ATTR_LaTeX: {\tiny
#+results[824ca019826a9f384bd35371065bb2418a1afedf]:
: Hello
#+ATTR_LaTeX: }

If you change the source code block (such a setting the string to
"Hello2"), you get the following Org buffer:

#+PROPERTY: cache yes

#+begin_src R
print("Hello2")
#+end_src

#+results[663ebd0c20f3ed9105d254971336679e44354a3e]:
: Hello2

#+ATTR_LaTeX: }

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [babel] Bug when updating the hash: meta-lines get deleted
@ 2013-12-13 19:33 ` Eric Schulte
       [not found]   ` <87iousmtqe.fsf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-12-13 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You should use a named code block if you want to decorate the results.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

@ 2013-12-13 19:59     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-12-13 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Eric,

Eric Schulte wrote:
>> When results caching is enabled, and when the hash must be updated, the
>> "meta-lines" in front of the results block are _deleted_.
>
> You should use a named code block if you want to decorate the results.

No, as long as the lines which I do insert between the code block and
the results are of the type "#+...", you _don't_ need to name the block.

Disable the caching, and see by yourself that you can insert such lines
without problems.

This is something Nicolas did a couple of months ago, to avoid having to
name all the code blocks when they are semantically followed by their
results -- that is, such "#+..." lines are like ignored for the update.

Best regards,
  Seb

--

@ 2013-12-13 22:11       ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-12-13 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:

> Hello Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte wrote:
>>> When results caching is enabled, and when the hash must be updated, the
>>> "meta-lines" in front of the results block are _deleted_.
>>
>> You should use a named code block if you want to decorate the results.
>
> No, as long as the lines which I do insert between the code block and
> the results are of the type "#+...", you _don't_ need to name the block.
>
> Disable the caching, and see by yourself that you can insert such lines
> without problems.
>
> This is something Nicolas did a couple of months ago, to avoid having to
> name all the code blocks when they are semantically followed by their
> results -- that is, such "#+..." lines are like ignored for the update.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Alright, I just pushed up a fix for this issue.  Please let me know if
it continues to cause problems for you.

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: [babel] Bug when updating the hash: meta-lines get deleted
@ 2013-12-14  8:28         ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-12-14  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Eric,

Eric Schulte wrote:

>>> You should use a named code block if you want to decorate the results.
>>
>> No, as long as the lines which I do insert between the code block and
>> the results are of the type "#+...", you _don't_ need to name the block.
>>
>> Disable the caching, and see by yourself that you can insert such lines
>> without problems.
>>
>> This is something Nicolas did a couple of months ago, to avoid having to
>> name all the code blocks when they are semantically followed by their
>> results -- that is, such "#+..." lines are like ignored for the update.
>
> Alright, I just pushed up a fix for this issue.  Please let me know if
> it continues to cause problems for you.

It does fix the problem. Thanks a lot for your prompt fix!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban