* Control links in LaTeX export
@ 2014-01-27 14:31 Ken Okada
From: Ken Okada @ 2014-01-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have one question and one suggestion.

In LaTeX exporting I want to use a different format for \hyperref, which
is generated with `org-export-latex-links'. However I prefer the change
of the format file local, i.e., I don't want set the global variable
`org-export-latex-hyperref-format'. I tried to make this variable
file local, but it have no effects. (I guess the reason is other buffer
is used.) So my question is: Is there any options or methods
to do this?

Second, I want to use more flexible format for this. For example,
I want to make some change in the string used for reference (second
argument of \hyperref). A small dirty trick had solved this problem:
  https://gist.github.com/kenoss/8648351
However I think allowing users to modify the format more flexiblly
is reasonable, because I found another people like me:
  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/54641
So, I suggest putting a layer for formatting in `org-export-latex-links'.

Oh, I've got another thing now. I'm using "Org-mode version 7.8.11".
I found that in the latest version there isn't variable
`org-export-latex-hyperref-format' and \hyperref and \ref are
hard coded, sadly. Sorry for not using the latest version, but this is
(not mainly) because make fails in my environment.

Sincerely.

Ken Okada

* Re: Control links in LaTeX export
@ 2014-01-27 14:48 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2014-01-27 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Okada; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I often use code like this to temporarily set variables for export:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results output
(let ((org-latex-listings 'minted)
      (org-latex-custom-lang-environments
       '((python "pythoncode")))
      (org-latex-minted-options
       '(("frame" "lines")
	 ("fontsize" "\\scriptsize")
	 ("linenos" "")))
      (org-latex-title-command "") ; avoids getting \maketitle right after \begin{document}
      (org-latex-default-figure-position "H") ; needed here because there are so many floats
      (async nil)
      (subtreep nil)
      (visible-only nil)
      (body-only nil))

  (org-latex-export-to-latex async subtreep visible-only body-only
			     '(:with-author nil
			       :with-date nil
			       :with-title nil
			       :with-toc nil)))
#+END_SRC

This is specific to org 8+, but you could do similar things for org7. I
can't help on the more flexible formatting.

John

* Re: Control links in LaTeX export
@ 2014-01-27 16:42   ` Ken Okada
From: Ken Okada @ 2014-01-27 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John,

> I often use code like this to temporarily set variables for export:

I see. I understand how it works. Thanks a lot.

> I can't help on the more flexible formatting.

O.K. I do somehow when I use org 8. :-(

Ken Okada