* Possible to recalculate tables automatically before exporting?
@ 2014-11-13 21:27 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2014-11-13 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to make tables recalculate automatically when exporting?

In a file I'm working on now, I have a table with formulas that take two
columns of numbers I enter and turn them into two columns of derived numbers.  I
had missed one line of data, so I entered it, but forgot to recalculate the
table, so when I exported some numbers were missing.

It was trivial to do by hand, of course, but I looked for a setting that would
automate this and didn't see it.  Did I overlook it, or is it not there?

Thanks,

Bill
--
William Denton ↔  Toronto, Canada ↔  https://www.miskatonic.org/

* Re: Possible to recalculate tables automatically before exporting?
@ 2014-11-14  9:31 ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-11-14  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

William Denton wrote:
> Is it possible to make tables recalculate automatically when exporting?
>
> In a file I'm working on now, I have a table with formulas that take two columns
> of numbers I enter and turn them into two columns of derived numbers.  I had
> missed one line of data, so I entered it, but forgot to recalculate the table,
> so when I exported some numbers were missing.
>
> It was trivial to do by hand, of course, but I looked for a setting that would
> automate this and didn't see it.  Did I overlook it, or is it not there?

See https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-11/msg00347.html

Best regards,
Fabrice

--