* Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end
@ 2015-04-26 16:52 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-04-26 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

I pulled from master this morning, refreshed Org mode, and got this
error message in *Messages*:

org-export-register-backend: Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end as a parent

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end
@ 2015-04-26 21:04 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-04-26 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I pulled from master this morning, refreshed Org mode, and got this
> error message in *Messages*:

> (source)...
> org-export-register-backend: Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end as a parent

Weird.  I can't reproduce this here.  Does it happen with emacs -q and,
say, (require 'ox-koma-letter)?

—Rasmus

--
It was you, Jezebel, it was you

* Re: Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end
@ 2015-04-26 21:48   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-04-26 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Hi Tom,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> I pulled from master this morning, refreshed Org mode, and got this
>> error message in *Messages*:

>> (source)...
>> org-export-register-backend: Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end as a parent
>
> Weird.  I can't reproduce this here.  Does it happen with emacs -q and,
> say, (require 'ox-koma-letter)?

I agree.  Fortunately, it is weird and gone once I started emacs again.

All the best,
Tom

--

@ 2015-04-28  8:20 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-04-28  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Thomas,

Thomas S. Dye wrote:
> I pulled from master this morning, refreshed Org mode, and got this
> error message in *Messages*:

> org-export-register-backend: Cannot use unknown "latex" back-end as a parent

Don't you have, maybe, to add:

  (add-to-list 'org-babel-load-languages '(latex . t))

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban