* [BUG?] org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
@ 2013-04-09 17:27 David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2013-04-09 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi everyone

I like to use org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift (C-c C-x c) fairly
frequently in some of my Org-mode files. Lately, it seems to have
changed its function so that it creates only an exact clone, and doesn't
prompt me for the time shift. Can other people reproduce this on a
fairly recent git pull, or do I need to explore my .emacs to find out
what I've done wrong?

Expected behaviour: Invoke command, get prompted for number of clones to
produce, respond, get prompted for time shift, respond, result appears.

Current behaviour here: Invoke command, get prompted for number of
clones to produce, respond, result appears.

--
Thanks
David

* Re: [BUG?] org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
@ 2013-04-09 17:44 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-09 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rogers; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi David,

David Rogers <davidandrewrogers@gmail.com> writes:

> I like to use org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift (C-c C-x c) fairly
> frequently in some of my Org-mode files. Lately, it seems to have
> changed its function so that it creates only an exact clone, and doesn't
> prompt me for the time shift. Can other people reproduce this on a
> fairly recent git pull, or do I need to explore my .emacs to find out
> what I've done wrong?

The default is to not ask for a time-shift by default, only when
(1) called with a prefix argument and (2) there is a time cookie.

C-u C-c C-x c should do.

Let me know if the docstring is not clear or if you find this not
user-friendly -- remember in many cases, we may want to clone tasks
that have no time specs.

 Bastien

* Re: [BUG?] org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
@ 2013-04-09 18:03   ` David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2013-04-09 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> David Rogers <davidandrewrogers@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I like to use org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift (C-c C-x c) fairly
>> frequently in some of my Org-mode files. Lately, it seems to have
>> changed its function so that it creates only an exact clone, and doesn't
>> prompt me for the time shift. Can other people reproduce this on a
>> fairly recent git pull, or do I need to explore my .emacs to find out
>> what I've done wrong?
>
> The default is to not ask for a time-shift by default, only when
> (1) called with a prefix argument and (2) there is a time cookie.
>
> C-u C-c C-x c should do.
>
> Let me know if the docstring is not clear or if you find this not
> user-friendly -- remember in many cases, we may want to clone tasks
> that have no time specs.

Is this something where the default has been changed recently? I'm fine
with using a prefix, and it's not unfriendly; just this wasn't the way
it worked before for me, so I assumed something was wrong.

--

@ 2013-04-10 12:43     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-10 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rogers; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

David Rogers <davidandrewrogers@gmail.com> writes:

> Is this something where the default has been changed recently?

This behavior is new in 8.0-pre -- when in doubts, check the next
release notes:

  http://orgmode.org/Changes.html

I'm still in the process of completing these notes for the next
release, but this is a good start.

HTH,

--
 Bastien