* Ordered lists with alphabetic tags?
@ 2010-02-15  8:07 Simon Guest
From: Simon Guest @ 2010-02-15  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

I'd like to produce multi-choice questions using Org mode, exporting
via Latex and Beamer mode to PDF.  My choices need to be alphabetic: A
B C, etc, since I am using a set of classroom clickers (aka voting
buttons) for students to select answers, which have buttons labelled A
to H.

So far, I found no way to change numeric to alphabetic in lists, and
the best I can come up with is

** What's your favourite subject?
+ A Maths
+ B Science
+ C English

etc.

I note that numeric lists are formatted really nicely on slides.  Is
there a way of achieving similar with alphabetic?  Would this be a
useful enhancement?

cheers,
Simon

* Re: Ordered lists with alphabetic tags?
@ 2010-02-15 13:51 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2010-02-15 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Guest; +Cc: Org Mode

Maybe there is a better solution, but you can achieve this with

** What's your favourite subject?
#+LaTeX: \renewcommand{\theenumi}{\Alph{enumi}}
1. Math
2. Science
3. English
#+LaTeX: \renewcommand{\theenumi}{\arabic{enumi}}

The second #+Latex is just to go back to the default behaviour. Also, use
"\alph" if you want lowercase and "\Alph" if you want uppercase.

- Darlan

@ 2010-02-18  5:34   ` Simon Guest
From: Simon Guest @ 2010-02-18  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira; +Cc: Org Mode

At Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:51:49 +0100,
Darlan Cavalcante Moreira wrote:

> Maybe there is a better solution, but you can achieve this with
>
> ** What's your favourite subject?
> #+LaTeX: \renewcommand{\theenumi}{\Alph{enumi}}
> 1. Math
> 2. Science
> 3. English
> #+LaTeX: \renewcommand{\theenumi}{\arabic{enumi}}
>
> The second #+Latex is just to go back to the default behaviour. Also, use
> "\alph" if you want lowercase and "\Alph" if you want uppercase.

Hi Darlan,

Thanks for that, it works a treat.

cheers,
Simon