* Org Agenda and BBDB File
@ 2014-03-18  0:04 Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-03-18  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to get org-mode to stop asking to read
the bbdb file when creating the new agenda. It is a bit annoying because
GNUS in another instance of emacs generally has the file.

I have seemingly removed any calls to bbdb in my org set-up (initially
used it for anniversaries, but now doesn't appear to work in bbbd v3). I
now have no dates that need to be looked at for agenda creation in org
mode.

If I have  '(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/org"))) and the bbdb file is in
this directory, it is then used by org mode to create the agenda? My
impression was that only files ending in '.org' in the directory were
used.

Thanks, Aric

* Re: Org Agenda and BBDB File
@ 2014-03-18 14:35 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-03-18 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aric Gregson <aorchid@mac.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to get org-mode to stop asking to read
> the bbdb file when creating the new agenda. It is a bit annoying because
> GNUS in another instance of emacs generally has the file.
>
> I have seemingly removed any calls to bbdb in my org set-up (initially
> used it for anniversaries, but now doesn't appear to work in bbbd v3). I
> now have no dates that need to be looked at for agenda creation in org
> mode.
>
> If I have  '(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/org"))) and the bbdb file is in
> this directory, it is then used by org mode to create the agenda? My
> impression was that only files ending in '.org' in the directory were
> used.

I think your impression is correct, assuming that org-agenda-file-regexp
has not been modified:

,----
| org-agenda-file-regexp is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is "\\`[^.].*\\.org\\'"
|
| Documentation:
| Regular expression to match files for `org-agenda-files'.
| If any element in the list in that variable contains a directory instead
| of a normal file, all files in that directory that are matched by this
| regular expression will be included.
`----

Nick

* Re: Org Agenda and BBDB File
@ 2014-03-18 18:40   ` Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-03-18 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> I think your impression is correct, assuming that org-agenda-file-regexp
> has not been modified:

Thanks Nick. So I am left trying to figure out why org agenda creation
keeps pulling in the bbdb file.

Aric