* How to build org-mode on Windows
@ 2013-10-04  7:11 Pascal Quesseveur
From: Pascal Quesseveur @ 2013-10-04  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I want to install latest version but I understand it relies on make to
compile. I am currently using Windows and I don't have cygwin and
don't plan to install it. Is there any alternatives?

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com

* Re: How to build org-mode on Windows
@ 2013-10-04  7:18 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-10-04  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pascal Quesseveur; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Pascal,

Pascal Quesseveur <pquessev@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to install latest version but I understand it relies on make to
> compile. I am currently using Windows and I don't have cygwin and
> don't plan to install it. Is there any alternatives?

The simple alternative is to simply *not* compile, this should be fast
enough for most (if not all) commands.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: How to build org-mode on Windows
@ 2013-10-04  8:22 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-10-04  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 04.10.2013 09:11, schrieb Pascal Quesseveur:
> I want to install latest version but I understand it relies on make to
> compile. I am currently using Windows and I don't have cygwin and
> don't plan to install it. Is there any alternatives?

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#installing-org-without-make-tools

But your best bet is probably ELPA.

Regards,
Achim.