* exporting latex fragments to ODT using imagemagick
@ 2015-01-19 17:51 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-01-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hopefully this request is not as embarrassing as my last one to this
list earlier today... :-)  regardless, I am definitely confused and
things are driving me crazy.  You can tell I have a deadline... :(

I need to export a document to ODT, a document that has a significant
amount of LaTeX maths.  I am using tex:imagemagick.  Unfortunately, the
export fails because it is trying to create images from LaTeX fragments
in part of my document that should not be exported.

This doesn't happen with emacs -Q so I have obviously configured
something very badly.  Note, however, that with or without -Q and with
or without my customisations, the exporter is trying to generate latex
fragments for text that should not be exported.

The very strange thing is that the exporter tries to create a file
called

   orgtex6279iVF.pdf wasn't produced

(yes, the file name includes the text after pdf) in the sub-directory

   OpenDocument export failed: file /tmp/

relative to where the org document is.

The attached is a minimal example.

By the way, this minimal example does work with emacs -Q except that the
document produced has a spurious "1. END" line at the end.

Any hints as to what in my configuration may be affecting things would
be most welcome.

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-726-gd34b80.dirty

[-- Attachment #2: examplebug.org --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 404 bytes --]

#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga
* exporting latex maths to odt
In the following equation,

\[ y = \sqrt{x} \]

we have two variables.  Rearrange to solve for \(x\) given \(y\).

*************** solution                        :noexport:

\[ x = y^2 \]
is the solution.  But I want an equation that needs some definition:
\[ x = \ydot^2 \]

*************** END

* Re: exporting latex fragments to ODT using imagemagick
@ 2015-01-19 18:02 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-01-19 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ignore previous message, in terms of finding a solution to my problem
please.  The behaviour is still strange but using dvipng instead of
imagemagick gets me further (not all the way...).

I will stop annoying this list now.  Sorry for the noise.

thanks,
eric

--

@ 2015-01-21  9:42 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-01-21  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> hopefully this request is not as embarrassing as my last one to this
> list earlier today... :-)  regardless, I am definitely confused and
> things are driving me crazy.  You can tell I have a deadline... :(
>
> I need to export a document to ODT, a document that has a significant
> amount of LaTeX maths.  I am using tex:imagemagick.  Unfortunately, the
> export fails because it is trying to create images from LaTeX fragments
> in part of my document that should not be exported.

On that part, given a deadline, a workaround could be to COMMENT the
trees you don't want to export, instead of tagging them with noexport?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: exporting latex fragments to ODT using imagemagick
@ 2015-01-21 15:55   ` e.fraga
From: e.fraga @ 2015-01-21 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 21 Jan 2015 at 10:42, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

[...]

> On that part, given a deadline, a workaround could be to COMMENT the
> trees you don't want to export, instead of tagging them with noexport?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Interestingly, the export process still
attempts to generate images for LaTeX fragments within sections that are
commented out.  This seems fundamentally wrong?

At least, with tex:dvipng instead of tex:imagemagick, the export dosn't
fail.

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-717-gd36bd8

* Re: exporting latex fragments to ODT using imagemagick
@ 2015-01-23 23:08     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-01-23 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

<e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Interestingly, the export process still
> attempts to generate images for LaTeX fragments within sections that are
> commented out.  This seems fundamentally wrong?

This should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: exporting latex fragments to ODT using imagemagick
@ 2015-01-24 14:12       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-01-24 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Saturday, 24 Jan 2015 at 00:08, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion.  Interestingly, the export process still
>> attempts to generate images for LaTeX fragments within sections that are
>> commented out.  This seems fundamentally wrong?
>
> This should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas,

Thanks for this.  Exporting to ODT works perfectly now with both export
excluding tags and commented out sections and with both dvipng and
imagemagick conversions.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-726-gd34b80.dirty