* [bug] Removing the Babel results
@ 2015-02-03 14:26 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-02-03 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Removing the Babel results (through `C-c C-v k') is not done in
a coherent way, as you can see in the following example:

  #+begin_src shell
  echo "| a |"
  echo "| very |"
  echo "| very |"
  echo "| long |"
  echo "| table |"
  #+end_src

  #+latex: \footnotesize
  #+attr_latex: :environment longtable
  #+caption: Nombre de dossiers par DR et par coordinateur
  #+results:
  |   |   | a     |   |
  |   |   | very  |   |
  |   |   | very  |   |
  |   |   | long  |   |
  |   |   | table |   |
  #+latex: \normalsize

After pressing `C-c C-v k', we end up with:

  #+begin_src shell
  echo "| a |"
  echo "| very |"
  echo "| very |"
  echo "| long |"
  echo "| table |"
  #+end_src

  #+latex: \footnotesize
  #+attr_latex: :environment longtable
  #+caption: Nombre de dossiers par DR et par coordinateur#+latex: \normalsize

... where the caption is changed (because an extra newline seems to
have been eaten).

Of course, re-executing the block would generate an more inadequate
situation...

  #+begin_src shell
  echo "| a |"
  echo "| very |"
  echo "| very |"
  echo "| long |"
  echo "| table |"
  #+end_src

  #+results:
  |   |   | a     |   |
  |   |   | very  |   |
  |   |   | very  |   |
  |   |   | long  |   |
  |   |   | table |   |

  #+latex: \footnotesize
  #+attr_latex: :environment longtable
  #+caption: Nombre de dossiers par DR et par coordinateur#+latex: \normalsize

... because, now, the results is completely "unbundled" from its
caption, and all the attributes.  But that's certainly more
a specification problem -- what should really happen?  Leave
the #+results keyword, etc.?

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- BTW, I don't understand why the generated table has 4 columns...

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [bug] Removing the Babel results
@ 2015-02-03 15:28 ` Daniele Pizzolli
From: Daniele Pizzolli @ 2015-02-03 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Sebastien,

Sebastien Vauban writes:

> Hello,
>
> Removing the Babel results (through `C-c C-v k') is not done in
> a coherent way, as you can see in the following example:

Nice to hear that I am not the only one to complaint. :-)

I proposed a new function that preserve the placement of the result if
you used named (keyword) block result, and hopefully does the right
thing by default!

Maybe this will help to get it merged or to continue the discussion and
rearch some agreement.

Feel free to comment at the previous thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-01/msg00797.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-01/msg00814.html

Thanks,
Daniele