* How to make appear the "note taken" in the calendar?
@ 2014-12-23  3:12 jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-12-23  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

How do I make appear the "note taken" in the agenda?
Like for example, if in a org-file, I press C-c C-z under a node, this
command will create a new note for that node. How do I make such notes
appear in the calendar?

In contrast, "state changes" of an org-node, like going from TODO to
DONE, appears in the calendar if you press "C-u l".

So again, how do you make appear, in the calendar, the notes-taken in an
org file?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: How to make appear the "note taken" in the calendar?
@ 2014-12-23 10:40 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-12-23 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> How do I make appear the "note taken" in the agenda?
> Like for example, if in a org-file, I press C-c C-z under a node, this
> command will create a new note for that node. How do I make such notes
> appear in the calendar?

Do you use both the Emacs calendar and the Org-Agenda?

> In contrast, "state changes" of an org-node, like going from TODO to
> DONE, appears in the calendar if you press "C-u l".
>
> So again, how do you make appear, in the calendar, the notes-taken in an
> org file?

I'm probably misunderstanding, but how about just adding a time stamp on a
note in one of your agenda files?  E.g.:

** My Trip Home
<2014-12-24 07:12-14:55>

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!

* Re: How to make appear the "note taken" in the calendar?
@ 2014-12-23 11:10   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-12-23 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Rasmus wrote:
> jenia.ivlev-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org (jenia.ivlev) writes:
>
>> How do I make appear the "note taken" in the agenda?
>> Like for example, if in a org-file, I press C-c C-z under a node, this
>> command will create a new note for that node. How do I make such notes
>> appear in the calendar?
>
> Do you use both the Emacs calendar and the Org-Agenda?
>
>> In contrast, "state changes" of an org-node, like going from TODO to
>> DONE, appears in the calendar if you press "C-u l".
>>
>> So again, how do you make appear, in the calendar, the notes-taken in an
>> org file?
>
> I'm probably misunderstanding, but how about just adding a time stamp on a
> note in one of your agenda files?  E.g.:
>
> ** My Trip Home
> <2014-12-24 07:12-14:55>

I think the OP wants to see a more granular view of notes taken during
clocking for example.

** Meeting with Bob
   :LOGBOOK:
   CLOCK: [2011-08-11 Thu 09:42]--[2011-08-11 Thu 10:00] =>  0:18
   - Prepare my slides.
   CLOCK: [2011-08-11 Thu 10:02]--[2011-08-11 Thu 18:09] =>  8:07
   - Go on site, and deliver my presentation.
   :END:

That is (or was) possible with the "org-timeline" view -- which is soon
to be obsoleted?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to make appear the "note taken" in the calendar?
@ 2014-12-25  5:05   ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-12-25  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I don't want to use <>. Because <date> I typically use to set the date
when I took the note. The date [], I would like to appear in the more
granular view that the key "l", in the calendar buffer, gives you.