* Columns widths of block agenda?
@ 2014-06-17  7:54 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2014-06-17  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Can someone tell me where I can modify the widths of the columns in a
block agenda?  Specifically I would like to increase the width of the
first column, which currently contains the category or file name of the
task.

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Columns widths of block agenda?
@ 2014-06-17 13:42 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-06-17 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Can someone tell me where I can modify the widths of the columns in a
> block agenda?  Specifically I would like to increase the width of the
> first column, which currently contains the category or file name of the
> task.

C-h v org-agenda-prefix-format RET
--
Nick

* Re: Columns widths of block agenda?
@ 2014-06-17 15:19   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2014-06-17 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Can someone tell me where I can modify the widths of the columns in a
>> block agenda?  Specifically I would like to increase the width of the
>> first column, which currently contains the category or file name of the
>> task.
>>

> C-h v org-agenda-prefix-format RET

Ah, thanks, Nick.

However, from the documentation, it doesn't look like it is possible to
have the categories starting in the same column if some have a category
icon and some don't, i.e. there is no way of inserting spaces to
compensate when the category has no icon.  So with

  %i %-12:c%?-12t% s

I get

   calendar:   11:00-12:30 Meeting
  X task:       14:00 Fix agenda

where X is my icon.

Is my interpretation correct?

@ 2014-06-17 18:50     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-06-17 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

"Loris Bennett" wrote:
> Nick Dokos <ndokos-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett-j/7cz5qe3tpn68oJJulU0Q@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>
>>> Can someone tell me where I can modify the widths of the columns in a
>>> block agenda?  Specifically I would like to increase the width of the
>>> first column, which currently contains the category or file name of the
>>> task.
>>
>> C-h v org-agenda-prefix-format RET
>
> Ah, thanks, Nick.
>
> However, from the documentation, it doesn't look like it is possible to
> have the categories starting in the same column if some have a category
> icon and some don't, i.e. there is no way of inserting spaces to
> compensate when the category has no icon.  So with
>
>   %i %-12:c%?-12t% s
>
> I get
>
>    calendar:   11:00-12:30 Meeting
>   X task:       14:00 Fix agenda
>
> where X is my icon.
>
> Is my interpretation correct?

No, IIRC, you should have a fallback case:

     (setq org-agenda-category-icon-alist
           `(("work" ,(concat icon-dir "my_briefcase.png")
              nil nil :ascent center)
             ("House" ,(concat icon-dir "toolbar_home.png")
              nil nil :ascent center)
             ("" '(space . (:height (16) :width (16))))))

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban