* How to access tables headers from within code block?
@ 2014-11-18 10:29 Andreas Hilboll
From: Andreas Hilboll @ 2014-11-18 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a table like this

#+TBLNAME: t_tracers
| Trace gas | SCIATRAN alias |
|-----------+----------------|
| O3        | O3             |
| NO2       | NO2            |
| HCHO      | HCHO           |
| CHOCHO    | NO3            |
| HONO      | OCLO           |
| BRO       | BRO            |
| H2O       | H2O            |
| O4        | O4             |

and want to access the data from within a Python code block:

#+BEGIN_SRC python :var tracers_raw=t_tracers
return (tracers_raw)
#+END_SRC

My problem is that the table headers are apparently not passed to
Python, as my results look like this:

#+RESULTS:
| O3     | O3   |
| NO2    | NO2  |
| HCHO   | HCHO |
| CHOCHO | NO3  |
| HONO   | OCLO |
| BRO    | BRO  |
| H2O    | H2O  |
| O4     | O4   |

How can I access the table headers also from within the code block?

Thanks for you help,
   Andreas.

* Re: How to access tables headers from within code block?
@ 2014-11-18 12:05 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-11-18 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Andreas Hilboll wrote:
> I have a table like this
>
> #+TBLNAME: t_tracers
> | Trace gas | SCIATRAN alias |
> |-----------+----------------|
> | O3        | O3             |
> | NO2       | NO2            |
> | HCHO      | HCHO           |
> | CHOCHO    | NO3            |
> | HONO      | OCLO           |
> | BRO       | BRO            |
> | H2O       | H2O            |
> | O4        | O4             |
>
> and want to access the data from within a Python code block:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC python :var tracers_raw=t_tracers
> return (tracers_raw)
> #+END_SRC
>
> My problem is that the table headers are apparently not passed to
> Python, as my results look like this:
>
> #+RESULTS:
> | O3     | O3   |
> | NO2    | NO2  |
> | HCHO   | HCHO |
> | CHOCHO | NO3  |
> | HONO   | OCLO |
> | BRO    | BRO  |
> | H2O    | H2O  |
> | O4     | O4   |
>
> How can I access the table headers also from within the code block?

I don't have Python, but ":colnames yes" should make it.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban