* [bug] Leading spaces aren't preserved in a `verse' special block
@ 2015-04-24  9:28 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-04-24  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

As you can see on http://screencast.com/t/A7yegfql7awg, leading spaces
aren't preserved in the HTML export of a verse environment.

ECM:

* Verse

#+begin_verse
>> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod.
>
> Tempor incididunt ut labore?
> Et dolore magna aliqua?

In a verse,
   indentation should be
preserved.
#+end_verse

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [bug] Leading spaces aren't preserved in a `verse' special block
@ 2015-04-24  9:33 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-04-24  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> ECM:
>
> * Verse
>
> #+begin_verse
>>> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod.
>>
>> Tempor incididunt ut labore?
>> Et dolore magna aliqua?
>
> In a verse,
>    indentation should be
> preserved.
> #+end_verse

I cannot reproduce it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [bug] Leading spaces aren't preserved in a `verse' special block
@ 2015-04-24 10:14   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-04-24 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> ECM:
>>
>> #+begin_verse
>> In a verse,
>>    indentation should be
>> preserved.
>> #+end_verse
>
> I cannot reproduce it.

The HTML rendering is not correct, IMHO.  But, indeed, the spaces are
well in the HTML generated by Org, but then eaten by the browser...

Not sure what's the solution if one wants the spaces preserved in the
displayed page...

Best regards,
  Seb

--

@ 2015-04-24 10:24     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-04-24 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
writes:

> The HTML rendering is not correct, IMHO.  But, indeed, the spaces are
> well in the HTML generated by Org, but then eaten by the browser...
>
> Not sure what's the solution if one wants the spaces preserved in the
> displayed page...

On my system the spaces are displayed in the browser.  Org-mode version
8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1065-g99609a @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)
Produced code from emacs -q:

In a verse,<br  />
&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;indentation should be<br  />
preserved.<br  />

BTW: Is there a reason why org-html-close-tag inserts an extra space at
the closing tag, " />"?

—Rasmus

--
ツ

* Re: [bug] Leading spaces aren't preserved in a `verse' special block
@ 2015-04-24 11:10       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-04-24 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Rasmus wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> The HTML rendering is not correct, IMHO.  But, indeed, the spaces are
>> well in the HTML generated by Org, but then eaten by the browser...
>>
>> Not sure what's the solution if one wants the spaces preserved in the
>> displayed page...
>
> On my system the spaces are displayed in the browser.  Org-mode
> version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1065-g99609a @
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/) Produced code from emacs -q:

> In a verse,<br  />
> &#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;indentation should be<br  />
> preserved.<br  />

The above A0 is the Unicode for `nbsp', right?

I do have:

In a verse,<br />
   indentation should be<br />
preserved.<br /></p>

instead with Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1063-g2bdc66).

Not sure why this difference, then...

Best regards,
  Seb

--