* How to create agenda which ignores headings with deadline/scheduled dates older than 3 months
@ 2015-03-30 14:30 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2015-03-30 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: How to create agenda which ignores headings with deadline/scheduled dates older than 3 months
@ 2015-03-30 14:45 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-03-30 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

"Martin Beck" wrote:
> how can I set up an agenda view in org-mode which does NOT show old
> entries which contain scheduled or deadline dates older than 3 months?
> I did not find an option for that - maybe I've overlooked it?

Something like (untested):

  (tags-todo "DEADLINE>\"<-3m>\")

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to create agenda which ignores headings with deadline/scheduled dates older than 3 months
@ 2015-03-30 15:02 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-03-30 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[Not sure why, but quoting the OP's message did not work - I had to do
it by hand - I wonder if the problem is with the message or my setup:
if someone could verify, I'd appreciate it.]

"Martin Beck" <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

> how can I set up an agenda view in org-mode which does NOT show old
> entries which contain scheduled or deadline dates older than 3 months?

C-h v org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp RET
C-h v org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled RET
C-h v org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines RET

<quote>
This variable can also have an integer as a value.  If positive (N),
todos with a timestamp N or more days in the future will be ignored.  If
negative (-N), todos with a timestamp N or more days in the past will be
ignored.  If 0, todos with a timestamp either today or in the future will
be ignored.  For example, a value of -1 will exclude todos with a
timestamp in the past (yesterday or earlier), while a value of 7 will
exclude todos with a timestamp a week or more in the future.
</quote>

Nick

* Re: How to create agenda which ignores headings with deadline/scheduled dates older than 3 months
@ 2015-03-30 15:49   ` Elwood151
From: Elwood151 @ 2015-03-30 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* Re: How to create agenda which ignores headings with deadline/scheduled dates older than 3 months
@ 2015-03-30 17:24     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-03-30 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Elwood151@web.de writes:

> thanks a lot for your help! That looks great, however I don't get it to work:
>
> lightweight example agenda (shows also scheduled items which are >500 days old!):
>
> ("y1" "test" agenda "" ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled -30)))
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> I'm still on org-mode 8.2.7c, is this the problem?

I don't think so: it seems that setting it globally DTRT for the global
todo list (C-c a t). I'm not sure what it does (if anything) when you
set it locally in a custom agenda, but in limited testing it certainly
does not seem to do what you want.

Nick

* Re: How to create agenda which ignores headings with deadline/scheduled dates older than 3 months
@ 2015-05-28  8:08   ` rene
From: rene @ 2015-05-28  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [Not sure why, but quoting the OP's message did not work - I had to do
> it by hand - I wonder if the problem is with the message or my setup:
> if someone could verify, I'd appreciate it.]
>
> "Martin Beck" <Elwood151 <at> web.de> writes:
>
> > how can I set up an agenda view in org-mode which does NOT show old
> > entries which contain scheduled or deadline dates older than 3 months?
>
> C-h v org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp RET
> C-h v org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled RET
> C-h v org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines RET

How can you show entries that has a deadline date but no scheduled date?

If it bears a scheduled date then I don't want to show that entry.