* exporting a table
@ 2012-06-18 19:48 Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2012-06-18 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I expect that applying org-table-export on

| A\vert B | C |
|        1 | 2 |

would result in

A|B	C
1	2

but instead \vert remains embedded in the exported table.
Is this correct?

Thank you.
Eythan

* Re: exporting a table
@ 2012-06-18 20:44 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-18 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eythan Weg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Eythan Weg <eythanweg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I expect that applying org-table-export on
>
> | A\vert B | C |
> |        1 | 2 |
>
> would result in
>
> A|B	C
> 1	2
>
> but instead \vert remains embedded in the exported table.

Exporting to what? The new latex exporter does it right, the old one
barfs (needs math delimiters I guess), both old and new html exporters
do it right.

This is with version

Org-mode version 7.8.10 (release_7.8.10-688-gd06428 @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

> Is this correct?

Not afaics.

Nick

* Re: exporting a table
@ 2012-06-18 22:36   ` Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2012-06-18 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: nicholas.dokos

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>
Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:44:30 -0400

   Eythan Weg <eythanweg@gmail.com> wrote:

   > Hi,
   >

   > I expect that applying org-table-export on
   >
   > | A\vert B | C |
   > |        1 | 2 |
   >
   > would result in
   >
   > A|B	C
   > 1	2
   >
   > but instead \vert remains embedded in the exported table.

   Exporting to what? The new latex exporter does it right, the old one

To a tab separated text file.

   barfs (needs math delimiters I guess), both old and new html exporters
   do it right.

   This is with version

   Org-mode version 7.8.10 (release_7.8.10-688-gd06428 @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

   > Is this correct?