* Org-mode Code_Swarm
@ 2009-05-11 11:02 Manish
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Manish @ 2009-05-11 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Hey folks!

I saw some cool code swarm videos for various projects [1].  So I made
one for Org-mode (including Worg) [2].

1. http://vimeo.com/michaelogawa/videos/
2. http://vimeo.com/4581697

--
Manish

From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-11 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

On May 11, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Manish wrote:

> Hey folks!
>
> I saw some cool code swarm videos for various projects [1].  So I made
> one for Org-mode (including Worg) [2].
>
> 1. http://vimeo.com/michaelogawa/videos/
> 2. http://vimeo.com/4581697

This is cool, but in fact these movies are best for projects with many
committers.   Maybe I should give more people write permission :-)

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode Code_Swarm
@ 2009-05-11 12:18 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-05-11 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Meant to incite us to commit more stuff to worg :-D

Best

   Sebastian

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:
> Hey folks!
>
> I saw some cool code swarm videos for various projects [1].  So I made
> one for Org-mode (including Worg) [2].
>
> 1. http://vimeo.com/michaelogawa/videos/
> 2. http://vimeo.com/4581697

* Re: Org-mode Code_Swarm
@ 2009-05-11 12:27   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-05-11 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: Org-Mode

  On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

  > Meant to incite us to commit more stuff to worg :-D

Hehe. Nice side-effect, eh. ;-)

A few people already send patches occasionally but their name didn't
appear since they were all committed by Carsten.  I don't know how I
could have pulled their names.  Sorry folks.

But the video does highlight the extent of our reliance on Carsten (as
if it wasn't evident earlier without it.)   :)

--
Manish

  > Best
  >
  >   Sebastian
  >
  > Manish writes:
  >> Hey folks!
  >>
  >> I saw some cool code swarm videos for various projects [1].  So I made
  >> one for Org-mode (including Worg) [2].
  >>
  >> 1. http://vimeo.com/michaelogawa/videos/
  >> 2. http://vimeo.com/4581697

* Re: Org-mode Code_Swarm
@ 2009-05-11 12:37     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-11 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

On May 11, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Manish wrote:

>  On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>>
>> Meant to incite us to commit more stuff to worg :-D
>
> Hehe. Nice side-effect, eh. ;-)
>
> A few people already send patches occasionally but their name didn't
> appear since they were all committed by Carsten.  I don't know how I
> could have pulled their names.  Sorry folks.

I can get the names of others into the history if I get patches that
work with git-am or so, or even better if people publish patches as a
repository where I can fetch them from.  There are quire a few commits
in there from Bernt Hansen which I retrieved in this way.  Maybe Bernt
needs to make a small HOWTO on how exactly this should be done.  But I
have already gotten him to write an amazing document ahout his use of
Org, so I will leave him alone for now..... :-)

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode Code_Swarm
@ 2009-05-11 15:54 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-05-11 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

> I saw some cool code swarm videos for various projects [1].  So I made
> one for Org-mode (including Worg) [2].
>
> 1. http://vimeo.com/michaelogawa/videos/
> 2. http://vimeo.com/4581697

Hey, this is cool - thanks!