* Error in emacs 26.1 when publishing to html
@ 2018-06-11  8:29 Pascal Quesseveur
From: Pascal Quesseveur @ 2018-06-11  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I would like to report the following problem.

I use emacs 26.1, with org-mode version 9.1.9 on Windows.

Using emacs with no customization (-Q option) I get an error when
publishing an Org file to html. Org asks for htmlize.

,----
| org-babel-exp process emacs-lisp at position 10935...
| org-babel-exp process nil at position 11208...
| org-babel-exp process emacs-lisp at position 11275...
| org-html-fontify-code: Please install htmlize from https://github.com/hniksic/emacs-htmlize
`----

With htmlize loaded, there is no problem.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com

* Re: Error in emacs 26.1 when publishing to html
@ 2018-06-11 11:41 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-06-11 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pquessev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Pascal.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 4:29 AM Pascal Quesseveur <pquessev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to report the following problem.
>
> I use emacs 26.1, with org-mode version 9.1.9 on Windows.
>
> Using emacs with no customization (-Q option) I get an error when
> publishing an Org file to html. Org asks for htmlize.

htmlize.el is required for ox-html exports, especially if you export src
blocks. You need to have htmlize installed in the default load-path (you
will need to do that much customization in emacs -Q sessions too).

> ,----
> | org-babel-exp process emacs-lisp at position 10935...
> | org-babel-exp process nil at position 11208...
> | org-babel-exp process emacs-lisp at position 11275...
> | org-html-fontify-code: Please install htmlize from
> https://github.com/hniksic/emacs-htmlize
> `----

With htmlize loaded, there is no problem.

Correct. That is intended. You need htmlize installed if you have export
elements that need fontification/syntax highlighting, like code blocks.

> --

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Error in emacs 26.1 when publishing to html
@ 2018-06-12  8:32   ` Pascal Quesseveur
From: Pascal Quesseveur @ 2018-06-12  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>"KM" == Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

  KM> htmlize.el is required for ox-html exports, especially if you export src
  KM> blocks. You need to have htmlize installed in the default load-path (you
  KM> will need to do that much customization in emacs -Q sessions too).

  Thank you. In fact I am upgrading from emacs 24 to emacs 26, and I
get some problems with my org files. I have to adapt my customizations
to the new publishing concepts in Org. Currently I am unable to get an
HTML output. So I decided to begin with no customizations to try find
the culprit. It does not work either because of htmlize. I was
surprised because I didn't read anything about this in the manual.

  I have installed htmlize, and I am now looking for what does not work
in my configuration.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com