* :Properties: and Completion , bug?
@ 2008-11-12 10:51 Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2008-11-12 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the completion
inside a :PROPERTIES: drawer

GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of
                  2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON
Org-mode version 6.12a
WinXP

Since I'm under WinXP M-<TAB> will change window :-((((
and I use C-M-i to have the completion.

--------------------------test.org------------
    -*- mode: org; -*-
* CD collection
         :PROPERTIES:
         :Title:
         :Type_of_music:
         :Publisher_ALL: "Deutsche Grammophon" Philips EMI
         :NDisks:
         :END:
** Classic
*** Light bulb
:PROPERTIES:
    :Publisher: Philips
:N
:T
:END:
--------------------------------------

If, in the :PROPERTIES: drawer of the "Light bulb"  CD
I type:

:N  /then hit:/ C-M-i

then the completion works and I have:
:NDisks:

But if I type

:T

since I'd like to insert ":Type_of_music:" glittering ;-)

then /then hit:/ C-M-i
the *Completions* buffer pops up showing the alternatives:

----------------------------*Completions*---
Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

Possible completions are:
TABLE_EXPORT_FILE		   TABLE_EXPORT_FORMAT
Title				   Type_of_music
-------------

then, when I Click <mouse-2> (i.e. left click) on "Type",
the completion is only

:Type_of_music

Is it a bug? I mean, is it possible to have the
"complete" completion with the colon as well?

:Type_of_music:

cheers,

Giovanni

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo

* Re: :Properties: and Completion , bug?
@ 2008-11-14  7:03 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-14  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: giovanni.ridolfi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Giovanni,

yes, this is a bug, relatively hard to fix, so for now, just use the
keyboard, or put in the : yourself.

- Carsten